Temp question, please help! I feel out already :o(

Sarah523

Reaction score
How high do your temps have to stay after ovulation? I heard that after you ovulated your temps should remain high for at least 3 days. Well whats considered a high temp? How much higher do they have to be? I typically dont chart, so if that makes these numbers invalid please just tell me so I can relax lol. For a few days I was taking my temp at 6 am becasue I wanted to see when and if I ovulated. Before ovulation my temp was a 97.5, then on the day I believe I ovulated it dropped to a 97.3 and then the next day it spiked up to 97.8. Does this sound like ovulation? Well today it went back to 97.5..so am I out for this month already? or is this ok?? I'm honestly feeling out already and im only 2dpo :o( Any insight on this would really help! I read somewhere thats its ok if your temp drops a lil after ovulation as long as its still high.. the problem is, is that i dont know if this is considered high because I thought it was suppose to be higher then my temps from prior to ovulation!

I wouldn't say you are out...all I would say is that you don't yet have enough info. Its going to be hard to see a temp pattern until you've done it for at least a cycle. Also, do you have regular cycles? Do you OPK? Check CM or CP? Don't give up on this cycle....But I would suggect you to start tracking your cycle. I use fertility friend and it has helped me a lot!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3272ba go to this link and click on the join now - free button and start yourself up a chart and keep at the temping.

Hun, everyone's temp fluctuates. It does seem tho that you ovulated because it dropped then went up. Try using Fertility Friend to chart your temps. Ovulation is usually confirmed if your temp stays up for 3 consecutive days past ovulation. Hope this helps. You're welcome to click onto my chart below. Best of luck!

I do have regular cycles and this cycle I used the clear blue ovulation kit. las monday -friday I got flashing smiley faces and hubby and i bd on monday, wed, and friday. Then saturday adn sunday i got solid smiley faces and sunday we bd. I assumed sunday was going to be my ovulation date so when i saw my temp dropped and then it spiked up the next day I assumed that meant that i did ovulate. But then when the next day came I was expecting to see a temp close to 97.8 or higher because i though ur temps were suppose to stay that high after you ovulate. But when I saw it back down to 97.5 i got confused..could my temp just gradually incline? Ill keep tesing this week and see if the temps gradually go back up. I was really hoping that i would be pregnant this cycle.. but for my temp to drop back to what it was prior to ovualtion..makes me feel like im out.. but your right.. i dont have enough info to go on so im hoping this is just a fluke and numbers will keep going up

Just make sure to test about the same time everyday. I don't think a slight drop means anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->