Temp Spike on 11 DPO

fluffet521

Reaction score
I'm 11 DPO. My temps before today have all been either 97.9 or 98.0 (I excluded a couple temps as I'd had wine the nights before). Then this morning, I had a temperature spike of 98.5 and didn't have any alcohol last night. Is the spike a good sign?

The TWW is driving me crazy, of course, and I guess I'm just hopeful it means something...? :shrug:

It could be good, or it could be nothing. With BBT, you're looking for trends. Individual temps don't mean much until the shift is sustained for a few days. That's why FF won't give you crosshairs after O until your temp has been elevated for 3 days. If your temp is still high tomorrow, and the day after, that could be a good thing. But just one high temp could mean anything—restless sleep, too many covers, slight cold coming on, etc.

I know as well as anyone how hard it is to avoid symptom spotting during the TWW, but try not to think too much about it. You'll make yourself crazy (or, crazier... we're all a little crazy when TTC!)

Good luck!

Thanks for this post!
I am still learning how to do the temping as well. This is my second cycle, so I feel like I staring at them both every day trying to spot the trends!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->