Temp/Trigger/CM Confusion...When would you BD?

LizziesMama

Expecting #2
Reaction score
DH has morphology issues, but it's minor so we were told to BD every other day. BUT I got my trigger yesterday and I was told to BD every 12 hours for 36 hours and then every other day.

We BD'd Wednesday night, so we skipped the first 12 hour mark after trigger so he could, eh refill? But I was planning on tonight at a little over 24 hours post trigger.

To make things more confusing, I had a +OPK before my shot and my temp spiked half a degree this morning. Granted, I took it 2 hours later than normal. Is that from the trigger? Surely I didn't O already and miss it??

I have not had any EWCM. It's been thinner than most of the month, but not clear or stretchy. Watery, but cloudy. That's not fertile CM is it? It's still like that this morning. My CP is kind of between medium and high, still firm as ever, but open.

Surely we didn't miss it?! I don't know what to expect in terms of O symptoms after a trigger?? Should we just carry on with BD tonight and tomorrow??

Hiya. Were you told how long after the trigger you'd ov? The last 2 cycles I've had a pregnyl hcg shot was told I'd ov 35-36 hours after - so quite precise! The first month I really felt ov....but turns out I was triggered too early, so my theory is the pain was the immature follicle being 'forced' to rupture. Temp rise was minor and 7 dpo progesterone low. Second month I didn't feel a thing but had a good temp rise and progesterone level, but no bfp sadly. So I think ovulation signs vary.

I don't use OPKs but aren't they positive just before you ov? If your temp stays up and you did ov on Wed/thurs, hopefully your Wed night BD will have caught that.

I think BD'ing tonight sounds good. Sperm need 12 hours inside you (to undergo capacitation apparently!) before they can fertilise the egg. So if you haven't already ovulated and ovidrel makes u ov 36 hours later, them swimmers should just be ready as your egg makes its appearance!

And not everyone gets ewcm...FF seems to class watery cm as fertile too.

Sorry...long post!

DH has morphology issues, but it's minor so we were told to BD every other day. BUT I got my trigger yesterday and I was told to BD every 12 hours for 36 hours and then every other day.

We BD'd Wednesday night, so we skipped the first 12 hour mark after trigger so he could, eh refill? But I was planning on tonight at a little over 24 hours post trigger.

To make things more confusing, I had a +OPK before my shot and my temp spiked half a degree this morning. Granted, I took it 2 hours later than normal. Is that from the trigger? Surely I didn't O already and miss it??

I have not had any EWCM. It's been thinner than most of the month, but not clear or stretchy. Watery, but cloudy. That's not fertile CM is it? It's still like that this morning. My CP is kind of between medium and high, still firm as ever, but open.

Surely we didn't miss it?! I don't know what to expect in terms of O symptoms after a trigger?? Should we just carry on with BD tonight and tomorrow??

My temperature spiked today, but my ultrasound that I had this morning says that I haven't ovulated. I'm getting close, but not yet. I dont' think you necessarily missed ovulation just because of a temp rise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->