Temping? Need advice!

M

Miss406

When do you usually start to take your temperature?
Does it matter what type of thermometer?
Which place gives the best more accurate readings, mouth or vaginal?

I am using FF at the moment, though only adding a bit like when we BD, when I bleed etc. Would be good to starting to add temperatures too.

Any advice most definitely welcome :) xx

Its really good to temp that is the best way to tell if you ovulated and when... I picked up a Basal therometer at Target for around $12 and you temp first thing in the morning before your feet hit the floor.. then just type the temp into your FF chart.. Its the best thing you can do. Thats how I figured out that I was ovulating earlier in the month rather than later and had my little girl.. Good Luck!!!:thumbup:

Also temp at the same time even if uhave to set an alarm ! A simple hour later or before can make a big difference

Does it matter if I get out for the toilet at 3am every morning? I usually wake up at 6.45am - 7.15am every morning...
What CD would you start temping? As soon as AF has gone?

Take ur temp then, i temp at 5am lol then fall right back asleep.... its good to temp all cycle round so u get an idea of ur cover line for af like temps pre o and after o!

You need to have had at least 3 hours of sleep before you temp. If you ALWAYS wake up at around 3am to pee you could use this window to do your temping. Set your alarm for 3am and temp then before you get up to pee. If your sleep is usually disrupted by the trip to the loo anyway then that's no hardship and it keeps your temping consistent.

Then on the rare (or is it rare?!) occasion that you go to bed after midnight maybe just set your alarm for three hours after you go to bed. It's more important to have had three solid hours than to temp at the same time when you're only talking a variation of an hour or so in temping time.

:)

You should start temping now, but keep temping next cycle during AF as well. You temp daily. Good luck! I just started temping again. This is day 3. Last time I temped, I became pregnant with my DS. It's very helpful in learning how to understand your cycle.

You should start temping now, but keep temping next cycle during AF as well. You temp daily. Good luck! I just started temping again. This is day 3. Last time I temped, I became pregnant with my DS. It's very helpful in learning how to understand your cycle.

Thank you! I briefly tried temping last year but it got a bit messy as I didn't remember every day lol.

Will try better this time!
Waiting on my thermometer to arrive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->