Temping orally or vaginally

MissYogi

Expecting #1
Reaction score
I have been temping orally for the last month and found that my temps were so all over the place. I really thought that I had ovulated because I had O pains and a positive OPK, but then my temps were so weird that FF only put crosshairs today at 7 DPO. Has anybody had experience temping vaginally? I'm a bit nervous about it just because it feels like that will be way more challenging and to be honest I'm a bit fearful of putting a thermometer up there!

I temp orally, my temps can be rocky, but I'm still breastfeeding and night waking so that doesn't help. I can still tell when O has happened, and I don't really trust fertility friend, my current chart shows O being 5 or 6 days ago but there's no way, temps are no where near over the previous temps for this cycle. I use another app as well Ovuview, been using it for 2 years, and that one has said I haven't yet Ovulated. I'm going with that one. Its up to you really, if your comfortable temping vaginally, but its not garunteed to level out your temps either. My husband sometimes uses my thermometer though and my son sometimes manages to find it - he likes to chew the end of it :/ So I only ever use it orally for those reasons as well.

I had the same issue, I started off orally but my temps were wild! I started temping vaginally and they really steadied, it's not any more awkward or challenging than doing it orally. I literally followed the same steps as oral but stuck it in a different place :haha:

Honestly, the main reason I'm hesitant is that I don't want to have to thoroughly clean it every day. I often wake up quite a bit before my alarm so I temp right away when I wake but then fall back asleep and I wouldn't want to have to get up to clean it then.

I don't really know how well it needed to be cleaned but I just had a pack of baby wipes next to the bed and just gave it a wipe down after each use :shrug: never had any issues with doing it that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->