Temping Question PLEASE HELP

A

addie25

I am new to temping and did not start the day my period came I started a few days after. I had a dip on day 7 and a spike day 8 and now day 9 it went even higher. What does this all mean? I am on Clomid I do not know if this messes with your temp or what. I am not expected to ovulate for another 5-10 days on this medicine so why is my temp going down then up and up???

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

First of all, it's fine not to temp during your period. I never do. Secondly, you'll see fluctuations in your temps. You shouldn't try to read too much into 2 temps. It is the overall pattern of an entire cycle that you want to look at. In order to confirm ovulation, you need 3 high temps. Click on my Fertility Friend ticker and you'll be able to see all of my charts. This will hopefully give you a much clearer picture. I just started my first cycle of Femara (similar to Clomid) and it didn't affect my temps at all. You'll notice that my temps in this cycle are a lot higher than my other charts. That's only because I temped vaginally this cycle when every other cycle I've temped orally. I expect that I ovulated on day 16 and one more high temp will confirm that and I will get the red crosshairs on my chart. I hope this helps.

I clicked on something on fertility friend and it said did not ovulate yet. I am guessing it tells you when you ovulate so you do not need to read it yourself. Also you said the red cross. So it will do that when I ovulate and say 1dpo and so on? Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it will tell you when you ovulate and it will put the red cross in once you have ovulated. It will only say 1dpo, etc. if you bought a membership. If you are using the free membership, it won't say 1dpo and so on. But it will still put the red cross in for you.

I have a temp question too.. this is my first month temping, can someone check out my chart and tell me if it really does look as wacky and all over the place as it seems to me???

(background: went off bc in april, had one period in august and thats it. took provera and had withdrawal bleed and then started temping have also been doing OPKs and have never seen a positive)

Yes your chart does look wacky to me. It took me 3 months to get my period after I went off the pill. I didn't chart for many months after that, but if you look at my charts and scroll down to the first one, you'll see mine looked kind of like yours. As I kept charting my cycles got more normal. I think the pill just lasts longer in some people than others. Have you had your hormones checked? You should be getting more periods than you are. You should also be getting positive opks. I tend to ov very late and didn't realize until I started temping. I finally took meds this cycle to help me ov sooner. You should be getting you progesterone and estrogen checked if your periods don't regulate. Keep temping though. They help to give you more info. Also make sure you are temping at the same time every morning before getting up. And make sure that you sleep with your moth closed. Vaginal temping is more accurate but you shouldnt start that until your next cycle I hope this helps!

Thank you so much for the response! Looking at your charts is helpful, they do seem to have gotten more "normal" looking. What kind of meds did you take to O sooner?

I have been temping every morning at 7 with the exception of a few at 630. I really dont think I am ovulating yet which is frusterating. I have had some bloodwork done and an ultrasound, everything came back normal. my OBGYN reffered me to a fertility nurse for the end of dec.

Good I'm glad you are getting specialized assistance. I took Femara also known as letrozole. It worked like a charm. I usually ov betweed days 22 and 29. This got me to ov on day 16. It is expensive but the Femara.com website has a discount coupon. The other alternative is Clomid. I have heard that some women have adverse effects to it unlike with Femara. You would be a perfect candidate for either as you may not be ovulating. I also started acupuncture around the time that I started charting. I really think it helped to regulate my cycles.

The web st is saying that my temps are all over the place and is not giving a clear picture as of now. I duno I think I take my temp wrong???

Ok it showed O finally but then OPK showed O a few days after the chart thought so. They took off the red line bc of that so w.e. I will just go based on the OPK.

I bet the red lines will come back in a few days after you have a few more high temps. I would go by the Opk. It looks like you ov'd on cd 18.

Ur temps are really high thats a really good sign!!! Good Luck!!!

Thanks. I tested today and got a bfn. I am using progesterone which makes for high temps. I'll test in a few more days.

yea 10dpo is early. Some people don't get BFP till 14dpo. Let me know what happens. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->