Tens Machine

c1403

Reaction score
Hello Ladies

I am due DD2 on the 12th September.

I didn't cope well with my early contractions with DD1, I can remember being in tears the pain hurt so much. Soon after getting to hospital I had an epidural as was trying to push at 4cm and making down there so bruised (I had a EMCS eventually)

I am hoping for a VBAC this time, and was wondering if a tens machine will help me cope with those early contractions at home before going to hospital.
If I go to hospital too soon its likely I could end up with another EMCS which I'd like to avoid as I have a 2 year old at home and recovery will take longer.

So my question is, those who used a TENS, did it help?

x

I loved my TENS machine. I managed the first 10 hours of labour (I was start to finish 15 hours) with mines and nothing else. I only went to hospital as everything seemed to be going too well and was worried I would give birth at home lol. It gave me something to focus on ie pushing the button when a contraction came and also something to hold on to. I wish I had kept in on but due to hip problems I was advised to have an epi which lead to a horrible birth. I would really recommend it as it worked brilliantly for me xxx

I used one with my second and I liked it, I used it for a good few hours! :) I also really struggled early on with my first, I was told they weren't even that strong! I coped much better in general second time :)

They are really good at helping you focus on things :)

I used mine for a good few hours until the had me bed bound then it went out the window. I would recommend using one though

Thanks Ladies. It arrived today so I will be testing it out shortly....how strange that all of a sudden I am getting slight twinges and back pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->