Terrible heartburn or something else?

Ashley1021

Pregnant with my first!
Reaction score
So Saturday night OH and I were out for a date night. I kept mentioning to him that I felt like I was having a heart attack, or so I thought it would feel like that. The pain was sharp right in between where my ribs are on the right side. It occasinaly traveled to my back, right under my shoulder blade on the right side.

It caused me to breathe heavy and have OH ask if I was going to be ok about 100 times. It passed after a few hours, but the area is a bit tender right now and thought I'd get your ladies advice?

I had heartburn with ds, but that was more acidic and in my throat

I think that sounds like bad indigestion, I get it sometimes like that n moves up to my shoulder too. Its horrible isn't it, did you try a Rennie? X

Sounds like it maybe could be gallstones - sometimes they can become painful during pregnancy. I'd see your GP for an Ultrasound. If it becomes worse or you notice jaundice (yellowing of your skin) make an emergency appointment.

The pain with gallstones originates on the right hand side - feels like its a squeezing pain - radiates around to the back and can give you shoulder blade pain.

I have an appointment Tuesday and will for sure mention it! If it happens again I think I'd end up in er, it was so painful!

Sounds very much like this is what it is. Low fat diet helps as the gallbladder is most active after eating fatty foods. Therefore, the less fat the less the gallbladder will contract around the stones and cut down the symptoms.

Hope this helps

Right before I got the symptoms I had a greasy cheeseburger and fries... Whoops. My bad!

Ask your doctor if you can take digestive enzymes!!! You can just get them at a grocery or health food store - even Amazon has them (Natures Bounty).

These were THE ONLY thing that helped it for me during pregnancy. I even ended up in the hospital thinking I had a hernia - but nope just really bad heartburn/indigestion. Doctors gave me a ton of random treatments but then I tried the digestive enzymes per suggestion of a friend and OMG HALLELUJAH I WAS SO MUCH BETTER! I still take them occasionally!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->