Terrified and totally unsure of what happens next

FirstTimeDad9

Reaction score
:cry::cry:
Ok I'm 32 weeks gone, but over the last few days haven't felt much movement so I asked at my anti natal classes today if it was normal for LO to go though phrases where their quieter, the MW decided that to be on the safe side they'd put me on a monitor.
He's heart beat is in normal limits (about 137) must of the time but then drops to about 110 or even below 100 at one point. a few minutes later he'll sky rocket up to kinda 160. I'm so confused and worried now, they've booked me in for a scan tomorrow and a test on LO heart I think ( by this point i was fairly out of it tbh). I've got a kick chart for tonight as they said to keep me in would prob do more harm then good.

has this happened to anyone, tbh i'm terrified. I've tried my OH but he's working and can't have his phone on him and when I phoned the office I didn't get a answer so can't reach him.

It sounds like he's in distress. I would be very upset if they tried to send me home like that. I would want constant monitoring so they could do something quickly if it got worse.

I'm really sorry I posted this by accident on my OH account (could any admin pleased delete)

I had this happen A LOT in my previous pregnancy. I'd go to my prenatal appt and my blood pressure would be high, baby would barely be moving, they would send me to L&D where they would monitor us both. His heartrate would be 150s...then drop to 110s and lower..and then rise all the way passed 200. I would panic so bad because they would come in telling me to change positions constantly. They would do sonograms a lot to make sure he was moving which most of the time he wasn't. My baby was ok though. I was in and out of the hospital though because of this happening a lot but in the end he was ok. Just see how the scan goes tomorrow. GOOD LUCK.

The past few weeks I have ended up in hospital on the monitor 4 times due to lack of movement. I have always been told that if I feel less movements than normal to go to the hospital to be checked out, which is what I did. Everytime they have hooked me up to the monitor the baby has started kicking away. When I was on the monitor there were times when the babys heartbeat dropped quite low, I asked the midwife about this and she said that sometimes the baby can move away from the monitor and the monitor can pick up my heartbeat instead due to this. I had a scan last week and everything was fine.

The baby is bigger than he should be for his gestational age and I am carrying extra water so he doesn't have much room to move about. Try not to worry hun, they will keep a close eye on you x

In the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy with DS I was in every week for monitoring due to reduced movements. His heart rate would fluctuate between about 100-190! He was fine (thank God) and they said it was due to tachycardia. Hope all is OK :hugs:

Hi,

I was on a monitor yesterday due to lack of movement, i'm 29 weeks and baby heartbeat changed from 130 bpm to 170 bpm. I was worried as it was quite a different range but midwife reassured me it was fine, she did say if I felt less movements again not to hesitate getting in contact.

It looks like he was having a bit of long sleep as he is now back to normal kicking. I hope everything goes well with your hospital appointment but if you have any concern in the meantime, i'm sure they won't mind you calling them to discuss. xxx

I was in hospital from week 24 to 28 (for other reasons) and was monitired twice a day and that happened often to me was put down to baby grabbing the cord and giving it a squeeze, the heart rate would drop and he would give himslef a fright and then his heart rate would jump back up, he did this lots and I would freak out at first but all scans and that were fine so the oh and I nicknamed him fish coz he kept forgeting and would do it again..
Im now 31 weeks and he moves a lot more.

Tbh I'm worried he might have a heart condition (big family issue) or be in distress :(. My Blood pressure has been low all the way though, could it be to do with that? Tbh I'm scared and worried for our wee man, we've got so far I just want him safe in my arms

I have had low blood pressure to, sits about 90 but sometimes down to 73. Can be normal sometimes and it is for me.
I honestly have the same symptoms as you and my lo is going great and has weekly monitoring now im out of hospital.
I do hope that everything is fine with your lo. When did you last have a scan?

Last scan was at 20 weeks :(. God I hope the wee'ums ok. I'll be fine once I know that I think. Wats te other test any ideas? It was loads of letters and I had my head so full I heard it but it's not registered :(.

This kiddo does that at each appt. I was on the monitor for false labor at 35wks and he would drop to the 60's with a cntrx, then jump to the 180's, then average out at 142. At my 37wk appt he was anywhere from 175 down to 125. No concern was shown, and he is wiggling about as I am typing. He is set to be evicted on Thursday, so we will see what the monitors show then.

Tbh I'm worried he might have a heart condition (big family issue) or be in distress :(. My Blood pressure has been low all the way though, could it be to do with that? Tbh I'm scared and worried for our wee man, we've got so far I just want him safe in my arms

= ( Do you take Omega 3 fish oils at all? The EPA in Omega 3 helps improve heart health. I take more of the DHA kind for kiddo's brain, but even that one has some EPA.

https://www.fda.gov/SiteIndex/ucm108351.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->