terrified at the idea of a c-section

nightwings

Reaction score
So i'm still a ways away, and there is a chance of course that I could have the kid normally and just fine. However my twin sister ended up having to have a c-section on her first.

I'm not terrified of the natural birth process...but the idea of a c-section scares the living daylights out of me...is there anything that can be said that can put my mind at ease?

they just sound terrifying...the experience overall

When I was in labor, my LOs heart rate dropped DRASTICALLY twice,(below 50) So i ended up with a c-section. and Yes, they sound scary, but, you literally feel no pain(they check before they start to make sure you can't feel anything!). It is a little weird, because you can kind of feel a lot of tugging and pulling sensations while you're super numb, but that is all! The recovery can be a little rough for some, but for others, like me, it can be a breeze! (all I took was Advil for pain)

Have you considered taking a birthing class maybe? I wasn't going to take one, but my Dr suggested it, and I was SO happy we went, since they cover EVERYTHING that could basically happen! I hope I didn't scare you at all in any way!

I found my c section experience great and my recovery was also very easy

Chances are that you won't need one. I'm pretty sure that just b/c your sis needed one, doesn't mean you will. If you do though, you really can't feel anything except lots of pulling.

You'll be okay. I'm the opposite of you. I was TERRIFIED of natural labor, lol!

Thank you everyone :) I just am terrified of surgeries and anything surgery like...so knowing the jist of how a c-section goes...it sends me into a frenzy of fear.

Finding out they seem to however be pain free during the procedure itself, makes me feel a bit better though.

I was the same with my first pregnancy, terrified of a c-section. I ended up with an emergency one with my first and elective with my second, both good experiences and a great recovery too x

I was really afraid of having a c-section myself. I even had nightmares about it! I ended up having a scheduled one at 38+4 as my amniotic fluid levels were running really low.

Don't be scared. It's been an experience I'll never forget. The epidural doesn't hurt in the slightest (they numb your back before they put it in anyway), you don't feel pain during the operation, just hands fidgeting with your tummy, and then you feel the baby coming out and when they show it to you it's the most wonderful thing in the world. The next day I was a bit uncomfortable but would ask for painkillers, and each day got better. Nothing to be scared of.

In any case, IF you require a c-section it'll probably be for the best, and trust me when I say, it's NOTHING to be scared of, hon.:flower:

I ended up with an emergency c section after hours of pushing and was so relieved! I was terrified of the thought of it before I went into labour but it was actually a lovely experience with no pain or fear. I was just relieved my job was over and that my son was safe. I also healed quicker than friends who had natural labours. X

I ended up with an emergency c-section after LO's heart rate was between 180-200, but I am so glad that I did! It was actually a really nice experience and my LO was there so much faster. The first couple days of recovery were a little painful, but after the 2 days in the hospital, I felt so much better recovering at home. My OH is very supportive and helped around the house with EVERYTHING which made it so much easier. I thought it would be a scary experience, but if I have another baby they will recommend a c-section and I would definitely do it again.

personally I am like jellybean and terrified of natural labour and am looking forward to a planned C-section
what is it about the section that scares you?
there are lots of positives to think about like missing out on the pain of labour, the tearing,forceps, ventouse and needing to be given an episiotomy and baby wont get stuck in the birth canal either.

I really wanted vaginal birth, and ended up emergency section because LO's heart.. I never really thought about it until it was happening and was terrified right before, but in the end I guess you just realize that if having a c section means baby arriving safely and not getting hurt you just overcome your fear. I feel recovery from the major abdominal surgery was worse than the surgery itself..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->