Terrified. Can a UTI cause miscarriage?

B

became

This is my 3rd UTI in 4 weeks! I've just read on the internet that they can cause miscarriage if recurrent, so now I'm absolutely terrified :( I've had so many antibiotics lately, I don't want anymore because my body will soon be immune to them! If I don't take them however, do I pose a risk to baby? X

Yes, you need to have a UTI treated. Since you have been getting them frequently, I'd suggest drinking cranberry juice every day to try & help prevent them. But for the one you already have, you need to get treated. I had two UTI's early in my pregnancy which were treated with antibiotics. I also got thrush both times from the antibiotics. I'm almost 33 weeks with a healthy baby :flower:

I went to the hospital, and they wouldn't give me anything! Because I only just stopped taking antibiotics for the last infection I had, they've said no more :( x

Can you get a second opinion?

If they are recurrent or this one hadn't gone away with the most recent antibiotics, I would ask to see if they can figure out WHY they are recurrent and WHY the antibiotics aren't helping. Maybe you need a different type of antibiotic.

I would be concerned about just letting the uti go as, but only can it be dangerous for baby, but could lead to further medical complications for you (I ended up with a kidney infection when I was younger because I didn't tell my parents about the pain I was experiencing with a uti - I was 11).

I don't know how it works where you live, but if you can get a second opinion, I would. As the pp suggested, drink lots of cranberry juice as well as water. They need to figure out why you keep getting them and why this lady one hadn't gone after a full treatment.

Uti cause muscle contractions if goes untreated can cause m/c. As others say you need to ask them to see what bug you have..its most probable you need different antibiotic...could you also maybe have intercystial cystitis?, which can make you feel like yoy have terrible uti and make u get them much easier?. I would also discuss a probiotic to take...will help u not get uti and yeast and help you if you do have one. Feel better hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->