Terrified - No fetal pole & subchorionic hematoma

chitown28

Reaction score
I had my first ultrasound yesterday and am now terrified about this pregnancy. I'm a first-timer so that definitely adds to my anxiety!

To give some background, I have a very irregular cycle (average 51 days - 33, 68, 53, 40 day cycles over the past few months). My LMP was 9/9, so based on that my OB assumed I was 9 weeks along at the first ultrasound yesterday on 11/12. However, I thought I was likely much earlier since I'm irregular and I had been testing but only received a weak positive pregnancy test starting on 10/28.

At the ultrasound the tech said everything was measuring really early - between 4 and 5 and a half weeks. A yolk sac was present, but no fetal pole was seen. I have a follow up u/s scheduled for Friday 11/20.

However, the tech did see a subchorionic hematoma during the ultrasound. She didn't tell me what size it was or anything. At the immediately following meeting with my OB, she didn't say anything about the hematoma other than it was present and that my hubby and I should abstain from sex for 1 week.

Has anyone encountered something similar? I'm so anxious for my next scan on 11/20 that it's all I can think about!

Hi!
Sorry, I have no experience of a hematoma but I would have thought your doctor would have warned you if it was really worrying?

And the tech's measurements sort of go with the timing of your positive. If you got negatives before, you would have been 3-4 weeks when you got your positive, so you'd be around 5-6 weeks now? Dating can be a bit difficult at that early stage so you might be measuring perfectly. I know it's hard but try not to worry too much!

yes I have experience with a SCH. My first appt I was 7 weeks and she found a moderate sized hematoma I was worried and she said that she sees them on a regular basis and that they usually go away on their own. She said they can be a little left over blood from baby implanting. She told me to not have sex an also warned me that I may bleed dark brown and that it would be normal. At 8 weeks I had two big bright red bleeds that I went to the ER for. The couldn't do anything so I was monitored and sent home. I just had my appt last week and it appears that it has reabsorbed and gone away. I was so nervous about it since I never had anything like it in my last pregnancies.

Thanks! Unfortunately we lost the baby last night. Looked like it never really developed in the first place. Appreciate the responses though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->