Terrified of catching diseases

BroodyTeacher

Reaction score
I am a primary school teacher (nursery/reception), I have always loved my job and I love children, however since being pregnant I feel like I have become the biggest germ-phob ever and I actually don't want to go to work anymore. I know plenty of women have children and work with children and have completely healthy babies so I was just wondering is it weird that I feel this frightened? Since being pregnant my class has had chicken pox (which I am immune to but still frightened me), hand, foot and mouth (which I was off work for in order to avoid), lost count how many bugs but I caught 1 amd was terrified of becoming dehydrated, then last week some 'mystery rash' appeared on the 3 of thechildrens cheeks, I freaked out about slapped cheek and had to have an immunity test to find out if I am immune (which THANK GOD I am) but it was an EXTREAMILY stressful week thinking I may have caught it. I am now supposed to return to work but I feel really scared that something else is going to come along, especially as my co-workers just think I am 'making a fuss' and were quite rude to me when I tried to tell them I think there is slapped cheek in the class. Sorry about the rant, just wondered if anyone else felt like this.

I become a terrible germaphobe when pregnant too. I think it's kind of understandable not to want to get sick when so many of the otc remedies would be off limits, not to mention the infections that could impact our little ones. Glad you're immune from slapped-check and pox. Two less things to have to worry about!

Sux your coworkers aren't more understanding, but just ignore them and take care of yourself!

I worked in long day care my 1st pregnancy. Never caught anything other than the odd cold.
You'll be fine :)

Aw I understand how you fee. Here they stop you from working in a daycare while pregnant, so you're really not overeacting. Make sure you wash your hands often and drink a lot of water, I'm sure all will be fine, but it's normal to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->