terrified of trying again...

tinadecember

Mummy to Evie and TTC
Reaction score
hi everyone im new to this site so first off thought id say hello! im just looking for some insight and to see if anybody has been in a similar situation and what you have done afterwards.
me and my partner decided to start trying in Feb and within 4 weeks i found out i was expecting. we were both over the moon :) i also noticed a lower left sided abdominal pain and went to see my doctor who sent me for an early scan. The sonogropher said it was too early to see anything and i went for further scans but they could still see no clear pregnancy. My HCG levels were still rising so they thought it could be ectopic so i was sent down for a laparoscopy. this came back negative and nothing was found.. a couple of weeks later my bloods were taken again and they were still rising so i had another scan and at this point they thought a flicker of a heartbeat could be seen. a week later at another scan my bloods were still high and the consultant was worried that it could be a molar pregnancy so i was sent down for a d&c straight away. that was 2 weeks ago tomorrow. i'm not emotionally down as we had an idea it was coming im just excited but scared to try again. how soon afterwards has anybody been caught? is 2 weeks too soon to start trying again?

Hi! Welcome to BNB.. I dont think 2 weeks is too soon.. as long as your and your partner are ready!

I found out I was pg on the 30th of december.. had some bleeding around week 5.. dr said everything should be fine.. sent me for a scan around week 9 and found i was expecting identical twins.. but one had passed away around week 5 (when the bleeding was).. and one a couple days before the scan.. they had to induce my mc..

Our dr told us to wait three months.. and May 10th will be the 3 month mark.. and the OK to try again! It has been the LONGEST three months of my life!! Soo I understand about wanting to try again.. LOL.

Good luck.. and Im so sorry for your loss xx

hi everyone im new to this site so first off thought id say hello! im just looking for some insight and to see if anybody has been in a similar situation and what you have done afterwards.
me and my partner decided to start trying in Feb and within 4 weeks i found out i was expecting. we were both over the moon :) i also noticed a lower left sided abdominal pain and went to see my doctor who sent me for an early scan. The sonogropher said it was too early to see anything and i went for further scans but they could still see no clear pregnancy. My HCG levels were still rising so they thought it could be ectopic so i was sent down for a laparoscopy. this came back negative and nothing was found.. a couple of weeks later my bloods were taken again and they were still rising so i had another scan and at this point they thought a flicker of a heartbeat could be seen. a week later at another scan my bloods were still high and the consultant was worried that it could be a molar pregnancy so i was sent down for a d&c straight away. that was 2 weeks ago tomorrow. i'm not emotionally down as we had an idea it was coming im just excited but scared to try again. how soon afterwards has anybody been caught? is 2 weeks too soon to start trying again?

Hi big :hug: so sorry for ur loss,

I was bit simular to u came off pill in Jan and fell in Jan i lost my lil one at 8 weeks on 12th march, We tryed to wait til i had my first visit from the :witch: but we did hav a few lil ones if u get wat i mean before that, But basically we started tryin this week again properly so at the moment we are really scared but at the same time we really hope we have some luck this time as this is our 3rd child but my husbands 2nd so been nice to complete the family now; i thought to myself if i dont try i will live regretin the what ifs? Do what ur heart tells u and when u and ur body feel ready x

Wish you all the best in trying and try not to be too worried bout tryin as it will all work out in the end, hope u hav some good news very soon xxx
Feel free to msg me wen ever xx:hugs:

I completely understand how you feel. After having 3 mcs I'm so scared... have just started again after 3 months wait. You do what you feel is right. I think emotionally for me and physically it was the best thing to wait this time round but if you feel ready then why not go for it. Sorry for your lossx

Hello and Welcome!

My story is in my diary if you're interested. I had a slightly different experience to yours but still had the same question. In the end we started trying again immediately that the bleeding stopped; we had no idea when I'd ovulate next and didn't want to miss out!
I think doctors advise to wait for one cycle so you have a date as a starting point, and also it is hoped that waiting for this length of time will help prevent infection.

Sorry to hear of your experience; there are loads of ladies with advice on here (on almost any subject under the sun!) should you need it.

Hayley x

i understand how that is.. i had 8 so i know all to well how you are feeling.

sorry for your loss. I had my doubts but me and oh have decided that if we fall pg again and mc again we wont be trying again I dont think I could go through this again.

best of luck
x

Thanks everyone for your kind words and advice. the consultant advised me to wait until 2 weeks after the d&c until having intercourse for infection purposes and that 2 weeks is up today so hopefully we can concieve this time as quickly as last time. xx

Sorry for your loss tinadecember :hugs:

We started trying right after the bleeding stopped but found out later the tissue removed was probably a partial molar, so we've been told to use contraception until I've had all my follow ups & been given the all clear (6 months to a year)

I want to try right away tho, very frustrating!

:hug:

dan-o, after my last scan before the d&c they suspected molar but only because my bloods were still quite high. i havent heard anything back from the hospital and it was 2 weeks ago that i had it done so im assuming ive got the all clear.

*hugs*it must be awful having to wait for that long but 6 months will soon come around and hopefully next time everything will be fine and dandy.

:hug::hugs:, so sorry for your loss.
I'm in a very similar situation, we lost our little bean on Good Friday. We waited until bleeding stopped & when we feel like it we bd & will see what happens. Hospital never said when to start ttc.

Good luck with ttc, hope you get bfp soon & that it is a very sticky bean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->