• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Terrimundi pot

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
Been trying to get finances in order so that we can get married this year and start to think about kids and I am absolutely desperate to break into my terrimundi pot even though its not full to see how much is in it! We got it for our engagement and have put mainly £1 coins and a few notes in there but it's only half way full!
Has anyone else got a terrimundi pot? When I do eventually open it i don't want to smash it. Has anyone opened theirs without smashing it to pieces?

If a terrimundi pot is what I think it is (a completely sealed money pot) then my brother cut into his when he was younger with a hack saw :lol: obviously there are neater ways of doing. You could cut a hole in the bottom with a hole cutter or something. But however you do it I wouldn't do it until its full :thumbup: You'll just have to put extra coins in to fill it up quicker :lol:

Put something in the coin slot thats long and flat like a knife and turn it upside down might take you a while but your pot will be untouched. (Not done that before :haha:)

Quicker and easier to smash it lol! Though my OH is on about using some sort of grinder to get into ours haha! Don't do it til its full though :) xx

I'm a waitress and I put all my tips in my terrimundi pot...when it got full (of mainly £1coins and notes, no shrapnel) then we used a hole cutter to open it and had close to £950 in it!

we resealed it with a peice of plastic and kept going ;)

Great ideas! I'm not opening it until its full but it feels like forever away! It just seems too nice to smash. I just want to be able to get our money out of it one day. I know my OH will just want to smash it to pieces but I'd rather keep it!

I can't help but think there would be something very satisfying about smashing into it. If I had one I would smash it to pieces. But I am quite an aggressive person :lol:

Ohh I wouldn't want to smash it even if it was full! Saying that knowing it was full of money maybe I would :haha:
Just fill it extra quick and you'll get to open it :)

We got one for Rory but are using it for the wedding instead :blush: It only has about £200 in there I think, mostly notes. Hoping that by next year we'll have £1000 or so for food and drink costs.

I think they're great but I so often forget to put change and such into it because I just think of it as an ornament! Ha. We do have about £50 in other piggy banks which should go towards the wedding (I say!). Also we're due to get a large refund on our electricity and I'm demanding at least half goes to getting this wedding sorted! :haha:

Leave it until it's full!!

I had almost £1000 in mine. A few £5 notes and one £20 but I put every £2 coin I get into it and most £1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->