Terry nappies???

Shazzy-babee

mummy
Reaction score
Hey ladies

Just wondering if anybody uses terry nappies???

Are they any Good??

Any good or bad experinces (sp?)
:flower:

I used bamboo terries for a few months. I liked them fine but stopped because he became an absolute nightmare to change when he hit about 6 months old, turning over and trying to get away. Most of the time now I have to attempt to put his nappy on with him standing up, which is impossible when it's in a complicated fold because it falls out. It's not easy with any nappy but easiest with an AIO/pocket (I mostly use fitted but they are a bit of a trial because of them needing a liner).

What I liked - they dried quicker than fitted bamboo nappies, and they looked cute. And they are CHEAP.

What I didn't like - they needed to be changed more often than other nappies, but that really is dependent on getting the right fold and boosting in the right place. Also, there was no way I was ever getting m OH to put a flat terry on Adam. I saw it as a personal challenge myself to get the folds right, and I was highly motivated, whereas he has never had the same motivation, he likes it to be as easy as possible.

No BAD experiences here though, just they don't work for us while Adam is being uncooperative. They were great when he was tiny, when nappy time was an enjoyable experience for us both. :cry: I'm keeping my terries though, because I will definitely use them again if we have another baby, and in the meantime I plan on trialling them as inserts for pockets.

ThankS Hun that was really helpful, shaya is at that stage where she rolls around like anything lol I find it hard to put a disposable nappie on. (I have made the full change over to cloth yet)
I was just asking as I had some one come over today and show me and my friends all different kinds of nappies and she said they are the best ones but I don't know i'm not that convinced. As shaya is a pain in the ass to change any way. Lol xxx

also I'm still pritty confused on AIO and pockets eg. How many do you need to carry with you when you go out? And do you have to change the whole nappy when they wee or only when they poop? And looking at terrys they look simple, you only have the one cloth and a liner through out the day then pop a booster In at night.

I think I'll have to have a trial each one and find out what is best for me xx

You also need a waterproof wrap with them. I tried them with DS but didn't like the pins and he hated me trying to push it through (I think he could sense me panicing) This time I'm going to try some nappi nippas

I was gonna say didn't you use nappy nippers lol. Did you find them easy to use (well once you got the hang of it) and did you get and leaks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->