Tesco Clothes sizes

Lucy_lu_84

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Am sure there has been thread before but honestly the sizings are rubbish. At least I think so.

My Lo has only just gone in 3-6 clothes i nthe past two weeks, we had a pack of tesco sleep suits - thankfully only 2 and he doesn't fit in them already. In every way they are too tight, across his chest, on his legs and his feet. The sleep suits i have from everywhere else fit lovely and have growing room.

Has anyone found this or did I just have a dodgy pack? LOL

Also I bought 3tees from there..and when I was looking at them at home, I held them all together and all three are different sizes! You'd think from the same shop they'd be the same

anyway just wondering how everyone else had found tesco baby clothes

i find tescos the only ones accurate for alex, funnily enough.

then again she isnt the usual 0-3month old!

The sizing of so many places are totally different, we had some sleepsuits (3-6) months from tescos and they fit her, but put on one today from somewhere else and it was huge!

Lily fits the sizes just right maybe because she was only 5lb born

I posted this months back about how crappy i found the sizes. Th echest is always too tight and the sleeves far too narrow. They are useless on some things and good on others lol

Earl grows like the clappers (in 3-6m clothes now at 6 weeks old!:wacko:) and was a big lad at 9lb6 when he was born.

When he was 2 weeks old, my Mum came to visit and brought with her a pack of 2 disney sleepsuits from Tesco. She bought them in 0-3m as she knew he was large but we needed blue things as everything else was beige! :dohh: I put him into one the next day once I'd washed them and literally, he wore them twice! within about 8 days he had grown out of them. They were barely bigger than his newborn stuff! His other 0-3's were fine at that time and he only went into 3-6m last week.

My daughter was 9 ilbs 7 and a half oz when she was born 12 dates overdue and never made use of any newborn clothes either lol xxx

I agree, their sizes are terrible. Adult too, not just the baby stuff. Hubby bought Finlay a little reindeer all in one suit yesterday, age 3-6 months, and it fits him ... just. All the other 3-6 stuff we have is big enough with room to spare. I think if you're buying Tesco, buy one size bigger than you think you need, and it should fit.

I found tesco sizes to be spot on too, I guess it just depends on shape of our babies

Tescos trousers fit her fine, the tops are too short tho. Weight wise, she'd get months out of them they're not tight at all just so short on her!

I find the sizes way too small and inaccurate. My LO is average sized and yet seems to already be fitting (soon to outgrow) the tesco 3-6 months and he is only 10 weeks, the 0-3 were too small for him by 7 weeks. Something isn't right there! I find Next baby clothes are better sized, and Boots. x

I've commented on how small they come up, Ellis always grows out of them first.

yep their sizes are weird! i always loved one baby gro when i was pregnant and couldn't wait to put lo in it but when he arrived it didn't fit him! he wasn't that big! also i used to find that there sleepsiuts in 2 packs (the more expensive decorated ones) always came up bigger than the cheaper 3 packs! they aways used to come up too short now the 6 -9 month ones are flapping around his feet! bizzare!

The tescos ones shrink like mad in the wash! So do the asda ones. So far I am finding the sainsburys clothes the only ones that havent.

I was glad of Tesco running small when Adam was born and all his newborn stuff was too big - the Tesco bodysuits we were given fitted him perfectly. :D

Same with the 0-3 months, he was in them while bigger newborn stuff still fitted and way before regular 0-3.

Haven't bothered buying any myself, all of it has been gifted new or second hand, but they could be useful for between sizes, if you know they run small. Like now, Adam is getting a bit big for normal 3-6 so I think Tesco 6-9 might be just right. :)

Glad it's not just me...I mena my Lo is 5 and a half months and still fits into 0-3 vests and most of his 0-3 tees, but honestly I think he would fit in 6-9 sleepsuits.

he's pretty dinky to ... not a big baby, stoopid tesco. think I will stick to the places am used to and there sizes :D

its asda which seem the worst to me, my LO is only 6wks but has already grown out of Asda 0-3 months as they are only up to 12lbs! Insane! She is a big baby but still!!

Its mad the difference in the brands, Next seem quite big and Asda tiny with Tesco and M&S somewhere in the middle. I'm going to go to Mothercare, Pumpkin Patch and Baby Gap tomorrow to see if there is anything which catches my eye tomorrow as I'm down a few outfits now that she has grown out of the Asda stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->