Test line darkness & chemical pregnancy?

tigerlilly

Blessed with no.2!
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Is it possible to still have a chemical pregnancy when the test line is getting dark over the last couple of days? I know I'm sending myself crazy by testing and should stop! going to do a digi tomorrow (will be 15 dpo, we had sex once last month on CD15) I'm hoping for the 2-3 marker on the digi (in my head this means all will be ok, crazy I know)

If this is a chem it will be my 4th in a row. Does anyone have experience of this kind of thing, I've seen a consultant and he's putting them down to rotten luck! I'm really worried.

Many thanks

It is still possible but i suggest stop testing as the stress can cause things too. Hopefully this is your sticky bean :)

Don't put too much reliability on a digi hun, I stupidly did that and only got a 2-3 when I definitely should have got a 3+. Was so worried for a whole day thinking it was all over, then did another test after a 4 hour urine hold later that evening and got a 3+.
Since then have seen a bub with a healthy heartbeat. I'd never do one of those digi's ever again!
Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months :flower: xxx

I'm sorry to hear about your losses hun, I've had 7 losses from 5 to 18 weeks and after years of testing mine were just put down to bad luck too. It can happen. Will the doctor not agree to repeat bloods to test your levels due to your losses? Might help put your mind at rest a little. Honestly don't stress over line darkness, not worth putting yourself through it. I know it's easier said than done though.

I'm sorry to hear about your losses hun, I've had 7 losses from 5 to 18 weeks and after years of testing mine were just put down to bad luck too. It can happen. Will the doctor not agree to repeat bloods to test your levels due to your losses? Might help put your mind at rest a little. Honestly don't stress over line darkness, not worth putting yourself through it. I know it's easier said than done though.

Thank you hunni. The consult never did any tests because we already had ds and all the losses have been under 7 weeks. I did a digi when I was 5 wks and it showed 1 to2 i knew then it was over and the next day i started to bleed and pain. I too am sorry to hear of ur losses, is so very hard and heart breaking :hugs:

Fx this is your your rainbow. If your concerned though I'd defo go to see a doctor. I had similar to you. At first doctors refused to run tests as I already had a DS but I kept on. You have every right to have your pregnancy monitored due to losses weather you have a child or not. Have they recommended asprin? Only a thought and I'm in no way a medical qualified but it was suggested to me by my consultant. Even though there is no explanation for our losses he said it couldn't hurt to try it.

I would ask for it to be closely monitored. Keep pushing if being refused. Most times drs will monitor if you have had at least three in a row. It may be bad luck, but if its closely monitored there may be things they can do to prevent things. I would def keep asking for repeat bloods. This is your baby and you have every right to say how you want your care.

My gp suggested baby asprin I think if this one doesn't work out that'll be my next step. I'm not sure if they'll really do anything much as i'm almost 42 but i will challenge them if they say age is an issue. Just gonna have to be patent and calm for now and wait.

Recurrent chemicals can be a sign that your initial progesterone level is too low. I'd ask your doctor to have it checked right now as supplementing during pregnancy may help you get to full term.

And with the digi, those can be SO off. I've had an hCG level of 333 (well over the 200 min level you need for 2-3 weeks) and had 1-2 weeks anyway. The hCG level in your urine can vary SO much from that in your blood so I'd recommend having a quantitative hCG test done to see where your levels are and a repeat done 2-3 days later to see if your levels are rising normally. It's the only way to know what your hormones are doing for sure.

did the digi 2 to 3 weeks using second wee! fingers cross.

With my early loss/chemical pregnancy I only saw progression for two, maybe three days and I didn't ever get a positive digi (spent a fortune on the darn things too!!)

If you've been seeing progression over a few days I'd say that the chances of a chemical are very slim :thumbup:

Whoops didn't read your post!! Congrats hun. That's a great sign things are progressing beautifully :)

Did another digi and got 3+ so looking good, fingers crossed to the scan x Thank you everyone.x

when I got mine they got lighter. by 5 weeks they had gone completely and I started to bleed, hope little bean sticks

My digi said not pregnant with a blood hcg of 142, never buying them again!

Congrats I'm glad you had a positive experience with digis mine reduced in weeks. Made me sure I was miscarrying and I wasn't major stress and tears for nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->