Test Results

Alidh

Reaction score
Last week I had some minor bleeding so called the maternity triage and they had me come in for a check up. Had various tests done including swabs. Bledding went on for abiut 4 days and got heavier before stopping. There was no pain with it at the time but the past couple days I've had quite bad pain in the lower right hand side of my abdomen.

Today I received a letter saying the swabs showed an infection and to make an appointment with my doctor to discuss. I'm quite worried now about what it could be and phoned the department that did the tests but they said they couldn't discuss with me and I have to wait until I see my doctor.

Does them not telling me mean it's more likely to be something serious? There's no way it can be an STD so I can rule that out. Has anyone had similar symptoms caused by some sort of infection? I just wish they'd say rather than leaving me worried.

It's probably just protocol to not give test results over the phone. My GP won't do it. I had an infection once and received a phone call from the doctor herself asking me to come in, she wouldn't tell me what it was and I spent the whole day freaking out that I had something really nasty. It turned out I had thrush (but a different strain that didn't respond to antifungals) and the reason she called and asked me to go in was so that she could explain everything to me and talk to me about all of the treatment options.

Good luck xx

I think the doctor would call if it was something serious instead of
Waiting for you to get the letter.
Fingers crossed its nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member