Tests after misscarage *update*

JWandBump

Reaction score
I had a natural misscarage at 6 weeks and 3 day on the 16th july. This is a pregnancy test and a ovulation test. Am i ok to start trying again? There is still a very very faint line on pregnancy test and a line on ovulation test. I stopped bleeding 3 days ago. Anyone any experiance? Ive never been though this before. Thank you

Attachments

• 20180726_205607.jpg
    20180726_205607.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 9
First of all, I am so sorry for your loss.

And as to your questions, when ttc after a loss there are a couple of thoughts about ttc right away. One is that most doctors will tell you to wait anywhere from 1-3 cycles. However, an increasing number of doctors are saying that you can try for another baby as soon as you are ready to-whether that be without a period or not. In most cases, there's no real reason to wait other than it makes dating the next pregnancy a bit easier as you have an LMP to use for getting an EDD.

So really, it's up to you. If a doctor gave specific instructions to wait, then it may be advisable to hold off depending on the reasons but if you had a fully natural miscarriage and your tests have gone negative, then as long as you feel okay with ttc right away, then you can probably go for it.

Just know that not everyone cycles normally after a loss. Some women are anovulatory until their first post-loss AF shows up, some women have incredibly long cycles as they won't start a new cycle until their hormones drop low enough, and some have cycle changes-heavier periods for a while, slightly longer cycles, etc. And some will go back to their usual AF right away. There's really no way to know what will happen until it happens.

Personally, I find it takes around 2-3 weeks for my hpts to go bfn again and AF usually shows up 4-5 weeks after that. And I tend to be anovulatory for at least one cycle but not always.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your advise :)
I wasnt really told alot tbh by anyone, i did have a complete natural misscarage. It all happened quite fast, well itseemed it anyway. I had a scan the day after to confirm it and they said it was all gone. That i just might bleed for a bit longer which i did.
Nobody said nothing about sex or ttc again. I diddnt ask either, diddnt even cross my mind then but now im desperate to be pregnant again.

These are the first tests i have taken since i found out i was pregnant at the beginning. Hopefully my pregnancy test will be back negative soon then my body can be back to normal..

I had a natural and complete first tri miscarriage several years ago. I had been advised to wait for one normal menstrual cycle before "trying" again, and fully planned to do that. However, DH and I decided to apply a substantial amount of tequila to our sadness 2 weeks after the miscarriage and didn't have any condoms in the house. While I knew I technically COULD get pregnant, it never crossed my mind that I actually WOULD. Sure enough, I got a BFP about 2 weeks after that.

I only tested bc I started throwing up all the time, and just wanted to rule out the crazy idea of pregnancy. I was a little freaked out, but my doctor said that the main reasons they suggest waiting after an early and medically uncomplicated loss have to do with ease of dating the new pregnancy and emotional healing.

I did have a negative test at 2-3 weeks after the miscarriage, and it was oddly comforting to me to have that bit of closure. It is probably okay to move forward whenever you feel comfortable.

Hi.
I had a miscarriage at 6w 2d about 4 years ago. I went for a check-up two weeks later and my OB/GYN told me to wait for a month but no problem if it happens sooner. I was ovulating two days later and we DTD. I never got a period, HPT was positive due to a new pregnancy 4 weeks after the miscarriage.
Good luck!

I think i can still see a very very faint line or is it just me?
Could it be a shadow or just line eye maybe :shrug:

Mc was 2weeks and 2 days ago

Attachments

• 20180801_130507.jpg
    20180801_130507.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member