Tests are now negative :(

Blooper

Reaction score
I got positive FRER and positive DIGI on August 20th, after what I thought was a weird period.

I've been feeling some slight symptoms since then, still feeling nausea today. However I got some brown spotting when I wipe yesterday so I bought some tests and they both came out completely negative.

I'm so worried and am thinking to myself "I knew this would happen"..my cervix is closed but I don't know.

My period would have been due in just a few days from now.

I feel so attached to my baby and I'm just crushed :(

Six-ish weeks seems early for the Hook Effect, but you could look into it. You could call your care provider and ask for a blood test to help you know one way or the other. :hug: I'm so sorry you're so stressed and I know you're attached to baby.

Ok I've taken the strips out and could immediately see a very faint thick positive on both without squinting..I do feel much better. I have a hard time seeing very up close with my contacts. Is it normal at 7 weeks to get much fainter tests? The diluted test is still visible without squinting.

I'm still spotting brown, but my cervix feels closed! I also have some very mild cramping..quite frightened atm.

I think a blood test needs to be done. Good luck hun! Thinking of you.

Brown spotting is really common, and it's usually just old blood coming out, if you were cramping and having bright red it would be more worrisome. That being said, it could also be the hook effect. Hoping all turns out well for you!

My symptoms generally calm down around 8/10 weeks and I had spotting in my first three pregnancies that was brown/pink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->