• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

tests

kfs1

Reaction score
Hi all - what are your thoughts on testing for cystic fibrosis & down's syndrome?

I did it and it was no harm to baby or me. It just a blood test, but if they see something is wrong they will make you get an amnio.
I wasn't worried at all. I didn't even care to know or not, but she was drawing blood anyways so I got it.

I didn't have any genetic testing, im 38 and personally wouldn't terminate this pregnancy and call it blissfull ignorance but I'd rather not know if there is anything wrong that cant be changed. That said it's entirely up to you!

For me, I like to be prepared, so even though I wouldn't choose to end the pregnancy if it turned out my baby was positive for something like that I would like to know so I can mentally prepare and prepare everything I need for baby etc.
Screening will give you a risk factor and then it is your choice whether or not you have further tests to give you a definite answer if the risk factor comes back high.
Good luck with the decision :)

I did it with my last pregnancy and having the result come back at near zero (zero for cystic fibrosis and 1 in 10,000 for DS) allowed me to have piece of mind for the remainder of the pregnancy. Had the DS test come back with a much higher odd, like 1 in 100, I would have gone on to do more invasive testing so I'd know for sure.

I would rather be over-prepared than under-prepared.

I will also do it for this pregnancy as well.

Ill get the blood tests done but wouldn't risk an invasive test. I'd rather find out earlier as it would give you time to understand it and get support. I know I'd prefer that to finding out at the birth when you already have so much to deal with. It's a very personal choice though.

How do you feel about it?

DH and I have chosen to not do them for both pregnancies. :flow:

I didn't thus preg or my last 2 I did my 3rd preg I was high risk but decided I didn't care what the results were I wud be keeping baby regardless so I decided no real point in doing the test so u never bothered after am I worried that's preg not at all what will be will be xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->