Thank heavens I found you!

Summer Breeze

Mummy!
Reaction score
I've been on B&B for oh about 2 years since we first started trying to conceive and have only just seen that there is a whole lovely section here for home births! I thought I was alone!
Couldn't have found you all at a better time, just got back from visiting my friend who has recently given birth and hearing about her harrowing birth story and how hospital saved everything etc and was having an 'am I doing the right thing having a home birth' wobbly.... And totally can't sleep from it so am so pleased to find this section where I can hopefully find a bit of reassurance.
So glad to find you all!
xx

We're glad you found us too! :wave:
Do you want me to add you to the homebirth hopefuls list? If so, let me know your due date, boy/girl/yellow bump (just saw you're having a girl!), and whether this is your first baby and first homebirth and I'll pop you on.
Sorry you had to hear your friends horror story, sometimes I find I have to let these things pass over me, they are mostly rare situations and after reading up, have found that these traumatic births often come from being in the hospital in the first place. Hospital = more risk of intervention = more risk of a traumatic birth.

^^^ Couldn't agree more with Kiwi

Welcome, and pleased you have found us too. It is the friendliest place on bnb!;-) ..and we need each other really as the % of women planning or having a homebirth is still pretty small, So it's hard to meet with other hb mums in day to day life. So this is a great medium for all us ladies to share ideas, information, the occational wobble and offer support to each other.
XxX

Oh and another Yorkshire lass too!!! There's a few of us over here!

You need this link :winkwink: Leeds Home Birth Group - might see you there! x

Hiya Summer!! Looking at your siggy it seems you've tried an awful lot to be here so I am really happy that you have an eggplant in that belly of yours! :hugs: I'm so glad you've found us too as it's great to keep meeting more and more women who are like-minded. In both their confidences and their wobbles!

So what are you thoughts on how your home birth is going to go? Do you want to deliver on the bed? In water? over the couch? What made you think about having a home birth in the first place? I'm just incredibly nosey so feel free to answer non of these if you don't want to, hahaha. :lol:

Hello ladies and thank you for your warm welcomes!
Kiwimama yes please do add me to the list! thanks ever so.
This is my first baby and hence first home birth and yes a little girl we're having due April 24th.
Thank you for your words of advice, I think you're totally right. I know it makes sense it's just unfortunately I don't have any other home birth supporters around me, apart from my wonderful husband, and sometimes I just have a doubt of am I doing the right thing, am I doing it for selfish reasons etc etc. This is why I was so elated to find this section last night! It's been so refreshing reading through everyones posts.
Bournefree, thank you too, yes as I say I don't know anyone else that's had a homebirth or anyone who would even think of one, in fact they all think I'm mad/irresponsible/selfish etc etc!
Hey Mervs Mum! Ooh thanks for the link, i shall take a peek!!
Hi Jenniflower, ooh i'm a bit embarrassed now about my signature, forgotton how detailed it was, but we kind of do that over in LTTTC so we can see each others stories, but now it seems a bit odd!! But yes we have been through an awful lot to get here! I think that's half the reason my family are having such a hard time with my wanting a homebirth. Their of the opinion, "you've been through so much to get here, why risk it" but they just don't get it.
Well I think I want a water birth at home, I haven't thought too much into the logistics as I didn't want to get my hopes up too much until I'd been given the green light from my consultant but fingers crossed it's starting to look like it might happen, yeey!
There's a few reasons really that I want a home birth. From a purely selfish point of view, I've been in and out of hospital over the last couple of years and had some horrible times, now I'm not poorly, in fact my body has managed to do the one thing we worried it couldn't and hospital doesn't seem like the right place to celebrate that. I really want to be relaxed in my own cosy home with all my things around me and no restrictions of when my husband can be around.
Maybe naively, I am so excited about giving birth, to me
It is just the most magical thing I can imagine going through and I don't want doctors and drugs spoiling or or numbing down the experience and from a non selfish point of view this is how I really want my daughter to enter the world.
Of course I have times (like last night) where I wonder if I will actually be strong enough and am I just being totally naive but thanks to places like this and a few really good books I pick myself back up again!
Anyway, that's me and my story, apologies I think I went off on a massive ramble there! You can tell I don't have anyone to talk to this about haha!!
Thanks again for your lovely welcomes and I look forward to getting to know you all better.
x

Thanks for sharing all that. I love your whole attitude to home birthing and think you'll fit in perfectly here. I didn't know half the stuff I did until I found this amazing forum. I think I could honestly say it's changed my life. Other than my Hubby I don't have any actual support from anyone else either. And though my sister and MiL will support anything we decide they still have that "Well it's not how I did it" kind of attitude, iykwim. I hope you get a lot out of being in here and please feel free to ask any and all questions. :)

Welcome! It's lovely over here and the most informed section I think.

I'm really pleased for you to be planning a home waterbirth. I think the best advice is to read as much as you can here and everywhere so that you know your rights and options if anything doesn't go to plan. This includes the bad stories too as they show how it shouldn't be and those of us who had bad experiences analyse and learn how they could've been avoided so hopefully you'll be able to learn from us and nip those things in the bud!

I planned a home waterbirth last time but ended up in hospital and had a bad time entirely because of interventions that shouldn't have been necessary. I was so excited about birth so it really knocked me but through this section and the support of these ladies I'm challenging what happened and reclaiming my right to a normal and enjoyable birth. :)

Hello ladies and thank you for your warm welcomes!
Kiwimama yes please do add me to the list! thanks ever so.
This is my first baby and hence first home birth and yes a little girl we're having due April 24th.
Thank you for your words of advice, I think you're totally right. I know it makes sense it's just unfortunately I don't have any other home birth supporters around me, apart from my wonderful husband, and sometimes I just have a doubt of am I doing the right thing, am I doing it for selfish reasons etc etc. This is why I was so elated to find this section last night! It's been so refreshing reading through everyones posts.
Bournefree, thank you too, yes as I say I don't know anyone else that's had a homebirth or anyone who would even think of one, in fact they all think I'm mad/irresponsible/selfish etc etc!
Hey Mervs Mum! Ooh thanks for the link, i shall take a peek!!
Hi Jenniflower, ooh i'm a bit embarrassed now about my signature, forgotton how detailed it was, but we kind of do that over in LTTTC so we can see each others stories, but now it seems a bit odd!! But yes we have been through an awful lot to get here! I think that's half the reason my family are having such a hard time with my wanting a homebirth. Their of the opinion, "you've been through so much to get here, why risk it" but they just don't get it.
Well I think I want a water birth at home, I haven't thought too much into the logistics as I didn't want to get my hopes up too much until I'd been given the green light from my consultant but fingers crossed it's starting to look like it might happen, yeey!
There's a few reasons really that I want a home birth. From a purely selfish point of view, I've been in and out of hospital over the last couple of years and had some horrible times, now I'm not poorly, in fact my body has managed to do the one thing we worried it couldn't and hospital doesn't seem like the right place to celebrate that. I really want to be relaxed in my own cosy home with all my things around me and no restrictions of when my husband can be around.
Maybe naively, I am so excited about giving birth, to me
It is just the most magical thing I can imagine going through and I don't want doctors and drugs spoiling or or numbing down the experience and from a non selfish point of view this is how I really want my daughter to enter the world.
Of course I have times (like last night) where I wonder if I will actually be strong enough and am I just being totally naive but thanks to places like this and a few really good books I pick myself back up again!
Anyway, that's me and my story, apologies I think I went off on a massive ramble there! You can tell I don't have anyone to talk to this about haha!!
Thanks again for your lovely welcomes and I look forward to getting to know you all better.
x

Your outlook is fantastic - reading this has given me a real glow and a fizzle of electric. I read out parts of this to my OH
XxX

Hi, I'm in the midst of deciding about a homebirth, I could have written the same as what you did.. i.e. not having any homebirthers around, or even people supportive of it apart from DH. But as long as we know we're doing the right thing 97% of the time ;-) we can't go wrong can we? :)

Is there any homebirthing books you'd highly recommend having a read of?

Thanks ladies!
PeanutBean I hope you get the birth you want this time.
Indigo Fairy, i asked for home birth books for christmas so am reading my way through lots and I would recommend anything written by Ina May Gaskin, she is my hero!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->