That Jealousy monster has hit...anyone else?

CowgirlBaby

Reaction score
I love my best friend to death. She is my best friend in the whole world, next to my fiance. She has a 13 month old son, who is almost 14 months old. He is my god son and he is super cute and from the moment I first held him I knew I wanted one and wanted one soon. My best friend had him just before turning 19 so she had him fairly young which is fine, I help her out I love snuggling him and baby sitting him and all that. Wishing I had one of my own (I've actually had people confuse my god son as my son cause apparently he looks like me haha.) but as I said from the moment I first held him at 1 day old I've wanted one ever since. My fiance and I are WTT till late Jan early Feb because he wants a baby right in between our birthdays if we can manage that. (His is Sept. 28th mine is Oct. 20th) and that was all fine and dandy, and then like 2 weeks ago my best friend announced that she's pregnant with her second. I am super happy for her because its another baby to love, but at the same time when she told my I felt the jealousy that she is pregnant and going to have another baby before I can even have my first one. I want one so bad. The worst part about it is when she finds out the gender of her baby, she is going to want me to go shopping with her and pick out stuff, which is fine, but the jealousy is hard to deal with. Again so happy for her, over the moon happy for her, but at the same time I am so so jealous!

Anyone else having an issue with that nasty green monster called Jealousy?

Cowgirl it can be so hard. We found out two of our close friends were pregnant after we had been trying for almost a year. Both were unexpected and both were "less deserving" than my husband and I (at least in my mind at the time). Every time one of them asked me to do anything baby related I would get so bitter and upset. Both babies are a month old now, and I still have to keep reminding myself that my jealousy won't change anything except push away the people around me. I tried to be as involved and excited as I could in both pregnancies, as I would hope that my friends would do the same for me. To be honest, I am finding it easier now that their babies are here. I can get my baby cuddles whenever I want, but I also see firsthand the struggles and stresses that they are facing as new parents. It makes me appreciate the quiet life that my husband and I have right now O:). There is something about pregnancy, though, that brings out that awful green monster in me!

Yes! Jealousy of every preggo woman out there. But over the moon happy for them at the same time.

I'm sure your friends pregnancy is bitter sweet. And that is completely normal. Just remind yourself that it'll happen when you guys are ready! :)

Yep! All I seem to see on Facebook is that literally everyone is pregnant. And the jealousy is such a difficult emotion to deal with because inside it makes me feel terrible as I know I should be happy for people. I'm sure when the new baby is here the jealousy will subside as (as you said) there'll be a new baby to love xxx

I totally understand where you're coming from because I get that a lot! It's the strangest feeling because you're over the moon for your friend and yet at the same time your heart is breaking and there's tidal waves of jealousy. I normally have to go find myself a quiet place to think it through and look to the future. DH spotted that I was having a struggle the last time that it happened bless him, I don't think he really understood how strong the feeling can be but he did point out that it would be us soon :)

I've had a real time dealing with jealousy. Well I don't know how to deal with it. I've had panic attacks and autistic meltdowns in the past. :/

I am absolutely over the moon happy for her, I just wish I could have my own. To some extent though I guess I kind of am a mom at the moment lol. I bred my stallion before the winter and there was an incident the other night, the foal's mom got into the other field with my stallion leaving the foal all on her own, and the foal wandered around looking for her mom to nurse and got dehydrated and I think tried to nurse off the other nursing mare and the other mare knew Strawberry wasn't her baby and when strawberry tried to nurse the mare kicked her in the head, so I have been taking care of my little baby foal. I have taken a couple days off work to see if her condition improves. Which it has significantly she is much more alert and aware. So we think she will be okay. But having the foal to take care of, well it's not completely ridding the jealousy it's helping a bit, having an infant all be it an equine infant, depending on me.https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah291/MushusMomma/strawberryshortcake_zpslcfjanqu.jpg

Oh my goodness!! Poor Strawberry, how's she doing today? Will there be any lasting damage after being kicked in the head?

Poor baby! cowgirl where in Ontario are you, if you dont mind me asking?? (You can PM me O:)) I am in Ontario as well, and ride. Well, used to. Up until last year, when I sold my last horse. Good luck with your baby!

Oh my goodness!! Poor Strawberry, how's she doing today? Will there be any lasting damage after being kicked in the head?

She's doing a lot better she stood today :) the vet is very optimistic that there will be minimal if any lasting damage because of how quickly she's recovering

Poor baby! cowgirl where in Ontario are you, if you dont mind me asking?? (You can PM me O:)) I am in Ontario as well, and ride. Well, used to. Up until last year, when I sold my last horse. Good luck with your baby!
Sweet! I'm in Kingston, Ontario and thanks Strawberry is doing better today slowly getting better and better every day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->