That liquidy poop I was on about...

redpoppy

Reaction score
Has stained the inserts from the BG flip.

I did a rinse cycle then a wash at 60 with minimal washing powder.

Any hints and tips of getting this stuff out or preventing future staining?
:flower:

Dont worry. Put the insert where the sun can get on it and that will fix it right up. Also get yourself a Vanish bar, they are great for getting out stains, though tbh I tend to just leave stuff on the window ledge even if its miserable outside and it still works.
On a sunny day even a nasty stain will be gone in a matter of hours :)
You cant really prevent staining, just use a fleece liner to help minimise it.

do u have an organic insert? I have flips with organic inserts and they're stained and may I add they are the only nappy i've ever had that stained :cry: tried allsorts to get them out including soaking over night, vanish and sun but not really working tbh :cry:

Hmm, I find the Organic Flip inserts stain every time he poops in them but they have always sunned out.

My organic inserts don't seem to be sunning out although I've only had them on the line, I might need to lie the flat instead.

slightly off topic but where are you girls getting the vanish bar from? I cant find it anywhere around here.

I've had mine ages, think i either got it from morrisons or wilkinsons more than likely!

you so you girls know Cotton babies (makers of BG) do say that it's ok to bleach the inserts. so you could try an overnight soak and a good lengthy wash cycle.

I'm with you on the organic inserts though, they do seem to stain. But they're massively absorbing so i don't really mind, no-one sees the inside anyway.

Not organic. :shrug: WIll dry sunning out and go invest in a vanish bar from wilkinsons. :thumbup:

They also do a "pre wash stick" which is the same stuff and tends to be more available. I think I got my Vanish Bar in morrsions (I think)
Im suprised the stay drys have stained.

They also do a "pre wash stick" which is the same stuff and tends to be more available. I think I got my Vanish Bar in morrsions (I think)
Im suprised the stay drys have stained.

Yeah... well actually I'm new to this so I'm not that surprised but I didn't expect it. Also, considering I got the nappy off pretty sharpish after she did her poo. I left it in the bucket for a day because I wanted to see how well things washed after a day (two ays for the nappies the day before). Obviously not that well.

Should I just go and put the insert in the sun now dry or wash it again and then?

Id just stick it in the sun!
I tend to only do a nappy wash every 3 sometimes even 4 days and its only ever been the organic Flip inserts that have come out still with a stain or two on.

Maybe I didn't put enough washing powder in? :shrug:

I only ever use 1/4 the amount or soapnuts. The stains arent "dirt" though iyswim? Dont think it would matter how much detergent you used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->