That was it!!! Positive induction experience (long)

Beee

Reaction score
Just wanted to update you ladies and tell you my positive induction story.
I was due to go in on Monday to be induced at 40 + 12. I'd had a few episodes of reduced movements so went in yesterday afternoon to be monitored. The Dr's decided that it was pointless waiting until Monday, particularly with the reduction in movement, so they admitted me for induction last night.

The midwife examined me at 7.30pm and my cervix was posterior and completely closed, 1cm thick but soft. She inserted a Propess pessary which looks a little like a tampon. It was slightly uncomfortable but no more so than an examination. Midwife explained the Propess is slow release so they wouldn't examine me for 24 hours unless I was showing signs of progress.
Went to sleep about 10.30 having some bh's but nothing painful.
Woke up about 1am with bh's becoming more painful. By 2am they were coming every 2 minutes and were much more painful. Mw examined me and removed the pessary as I was 3-4 cm.
She ran me a bath in the birth pool at my request and I got into the pool about 2.45am. Contractions were coming thick and fast, and lasting longer. By 4am I was fully dilated and pushing. What a bizarre and horrible sensation it was! My body sort of took over the pushing. Crowning stung like mad (ouch!! ) but within around 15 minutes my little Cora Niamh arrived weighing 8lb 7.5oz. I managed on gas and air only which I'm so proud of as last time I was induced I ended up with an epidural and forceps delivery. She's just beautiful, I'm besotted.
The pool was amazing in terms of pain relief and just the support the water gives to your body.

Anyway, sorry for the long post but I wanted to describe my induction experience because it worked so well for me this time, and I know it would have helped me to hear a story like this before induction.

All the best to those still expecting, I hope your lo's don't keep you waiting too long
Xxxxx

Thanks hun, I'm being induced tomorrow morning so lovely to hear your postive experience! Congratulations!!!

Thanks hun, I'm being induced tomorrow morning so lovely to hear your postive experience! Congratulations!!!

All the best for your induction hun. My advice is to try and stay as mobile as possible and use the pool if you can xx

Thank you so much! This really helps. My water broke 48 hours ago and I'm here now at the hospital and she just inserted cervadil. (Very similar to what you had).
I'm really hoping my labor goes like yours!

Aww congrats what a lovely straight forward birth!

Congrats hun! I'm so glad you had such a positive experience.

Congratulations, what a lovely birthday story :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->