Thawed donor sperm

doglover888

Reaction score
I had my 4th IUI on 9/27 with previously frozen donor sperm. The 1st 3 were done by my OBGYN and they did IUI within 15 minutes of thaw or sooner. None of them worked though and he referred me to an RE. Well, this was the first IUI with RE I took the frozen sample (in tank) to the lab at 8:30, I was told the nurse picked it up from the lab at 9:30 am. They let it sit there until 10:45 before the IUI. The thawing instructions said to inseminate within 45 minutes of thaw. They waited 1 hour and 15 minutes at least. RE didn't seem worried at all that the sperm had been damaged but do you think they could've still been alive after being thawed all that time? I would hate to have wasted my money. These things are expensive.

That would have worried me, too. I had my tanks sent directly to the doctor and the samples were taken out and put into freezer, then thawed RIGHT before putting inside me. Once, the clinic called me and said that a sample had been thawed during transit (bad tank I guess) so they could not use it. Perhaps though, they looked at it under the scope and saw dead sperm.... and in your case they looked under scope and saw live sperm? They should be checking the sample under the scope RIGHT before using it. My nurses did. Ask them to make sure they are. xoxoxoxox GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

ps- I tried 6 times with one donor and started getting hopeless.... then I changed donors and it worked on the first try. DONT LOSE HOPE.:flower:

Thanks for replying Rainbow. Their lab did test the sample and found like 12 million sperm with only 20% in the fastest group - whatever that means...But they got if from the lab and I'm sure it sat out until 10:45 when they insert it. The doctor said oh, sperm can live a long time. But I thought that was only when "inside" the body. This was in test tube room temp. Oh, well, nothing I can do now. But she knew I was concerned, but didn't seem to care.

Sandy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->