The arrival of Amelia Grace

JakesMummy

Expecting
Reaction score
Whilst I have a spare 5 minutes, thought I'd finally get round to writing my Birth Story, or what I remember of it!!

The Morning of 21st April I woke up at 8.00am after a crap nights sleep - still don;t know why but I just couldn't settle. Felt irritable and uncomfortable. Maybe it was my bodys way of saying labour is impending! :shrug:

The pain I was getting was very mild, I refused to believe it would or could be anything. ALL I felt was little mild period pain in my lower abdomen. This went on for a few hours and as I was timing them, noticed they were 30 mins apart lasting 20 seconds, so I kinda guessed this could be the beginning of things.

I had my sister coming around anyway (she was going to be one of my birth partners), so she turns up at 11.00am with her 2 kids and at this point the contractions are getting closer together but not really bothering me pain wise.

So far, nothing spectacular has happened i.e my waters breaking or a show, so I still refuse to believe it! Haha! :haha:

However come 2.00pm things started heating up, so I demanded everyone go out and leave me to it!?? Probably stupid of me looking back, as I could have gone into serious labour and no-one would have been there to help! The contractions were starting to grip me now, and I had to breathe through them but still could speak. I was told mst contractions in extreme labour have you speechless but I was jabbering away not realising how much I was dialating LOL! So I took a bath to help relieve some pain, but the bloody contractions started to peter out, so I decided "sod that" and got out again. I realised moving around and staying upright made them more frequent and intense.

From what I remember, I think my Siste r left around 5.00pm and took my son with her (My mum was meant to have him but she was at work and couldnt get out til 9.00pm).
So I rung the delivery suite around 5.30pm and told them I was contracting every 4 minutes and they were 50 seconds long. Told to stay at home until 3 minutes apart as I live down the road from delivery.

Around 6.30pm I was cursing and howling my way through the pain and seriously sounded deranged!!! I demanded my poor OH to take me to hospital NOW!!! I am NOT waiting any longer!!! The car ride was horrendous. I contracted in my road so every neighbour was peeking out the curtains..ugh! Then in the car, we got stuck in traffic and I could've killed someone at this point. :wacko:
We arrived at hospital 6 minutes later then I contracted again. I knew I can't have been that far from pushing as it all felt it was happening to quick, suddenly.

I got admitted at 6.50pm and upon examination was 5cm. At this point in my head I was thinking of asking for epidural, but tthought I'd try and breathe my way through them. Well by the next contraction I was begging for something. Gas and Air was offered, and I was sucking in that stuff like nothing!!!!! It helped me regulate my breathing pattern but man I felt pissed on it! Wonderufl stuff!!!

I couldn;t sit down or lay etc so spent most of the labour standing up with my arms resting on the bed. I think at one point I had my head out of the window, and there are tennis courts opposite the hospital. I remember watching a game and everytime I moaned, they'd look over feeling sorry for me LOL!!! Quite embarassing looking back now!

Between 7-8pm I had an intense urge to push and was being told to not, but it felt like the right thing to do, so I;d do a mini push with each contraction just to relieve the pressure. My waters broke about 10 minutes prior to pushing. Around 8.20pm the midwife told me to lie down so she could examine me but didnt get a chance to do so, as she could see her head! She asked if I wanted to feel it, which I;ll be honest, at first I was like huh!? But I did and she had a right thick mop!!

6 minutes later, Amelia Grace arrived into the world at 8.26pm weighing 7 lb 13 oz, and sunny side up! No-one realise duntil her head popped out, that she was back to back with me - no wonder I had such intense back labour towards the end.

my sister never made it to the birth in the end, as she missed it by 20 minutes!!! She had to wait for my mum to finish work to look after the kids, and then drive up.

Well done for making it this far! It isn;t very exciting but was the perfect birth for which we wished for.

Amelia is now 1 week old and so content!

congrats hun, lovely birth story! i feel for you with the back to back birth, thats how Alex came out too! :) xx

Congrats!!! Great job making it through a back to back labour on just g&a:thumbup: My LO was back to back and I was bagging for my epidural and ended up with a EMCS.

Awww what a lovely story, congratulations x x x

Thankyou girls! I actually enjoyed this labour more so than my first!

Congrats, sounds like the perfect birth. The bit about looking out the window to the tennis courts made me smile.

Congratulations, lovely story :)

:haha::haha::haha: @ Sunny side up and Mop head :haha:

You did fantastic !! Congratulations :flower::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g