The arrival of baby Katelyn!

KatelynsMummy

Mummy to Katelyn!
Reaction score
So this story is 5 months late, but i have only just found this thread! lol

I was due 22nd November, on the 17th, at 3.00am I started having what felt like period pains, nothing dramatic, nothing that painful, just a dull ache. I had an appointment with the midwife later that day and felt fine in myself, i thought they we're just braxton hicks.
I waddled all the way to the doctors to see my midwife and as soon as i opened the door she said "are you in labour?" I of course said "I don't think so, im only having little pains" She felt my belly and could feel "strong" contractions but I couldnt feel a thing. She took my BP and it was extremly high (cant remember exactly) she took it around 5 different times just to make sure that she was reading it right. It stayed high so she referred me to the hospital where i was laid on a bed strapped to monitors, my BP didnt show any signs of going down, i was starting to get nervous as i know high BP can be dangerous, they discussed inducing me and how they felt that was the best option, so i agreed, the examined me and i was 2cm, sh also gave me a sweep and booked me in for an induction on the 19th.
The next day (18th) the pains got slightly worse, every 10 minutes but i wasnt in agony and just dealt with the day!
The morning of induction, at 4:00am, I had the biggest contraction ever! I hopped in the bath and bounced on my ball, and by this time I was having to breathe through them very slowly. I rang the labour ward and they said if i can stay at home until my induction time then I should. So 8am, which was induction time I got to the hospital. They took me straight to a room, and by this time I was in agony, i was gritting my teeth and struggling to breathe through the contractions, they got me onto a bed, gave me gas and air and examined me, i was 4cm!
They agreed to let nature take its course. 4 hours later I was still only 4cm, I asked them to break my waters as they we're "bulging" so she did, and boom! Contractions came very fast and very heavy.
Then all of a sudden i said "i feel weird" they were asking me if i needed to push but I just wasn't sure, then my body took over and i started pushing. I was exhausted at this point. 3 Hours of pushing they got a doctor in to feel why baby wasn't moving down. Baby had a sack of fluid on the shoulder which was getting stuck, they popped that bag but I was far to exhausted to push, I managed to push for an extra half an hour and my body shut down. My contractions stopped completely. I started to panic, i didnt want a section, i begged and begged for the to help me, my contractions started back up, every 10 minutes lasting 7 minutes, eventually they decided that i did need help and got the ventouse. They gave me an episiotomy and at 8:17pm my little girl was brought into this world! She didnt cry, she just looked at me and her daddy and drifted off to sleep. She was 3 days early, my midwife always said I wouldn't go the full 40weeks! lol
After I had been stitched up, the midwife spoke to me and said i had lost a litre and half of blood and was lucky to be feel so fantastic and up and walking.

My baby girl weighed 8lb exactly, has a full head of long blonde hair and she is absolutley perfect. May have been long and scary but I would go through that pain every single day just to see my little girl for the first time. She is my world and I am so lucky! <3 <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->