Reaction score
Name: Ciara Marie
Dob: April 14, 2010
Time: 2:50pm
Weight: 7 lbs
Height: 21 inches

MY BIRTH STORY

MONDAY APRIL 12, 2010

So it all started on the day of April 12, 2010. I was at home having a lazy day and trying to catch up on some sleep, but really that wasn't happening. So just layed on the couch and watched some TV, and usually after i eat and drink i would rub my tummy and just watch her move around, i sware i could watch her move my tummy all day. Well for some reason that afternoon i had a good lunch and was drinking lots of water, but there was not alot of movement from her, which was very surprising. So i had some orange juice and a piece of a choclate bar and waited for an hour to see how many movements she will make, well it was only a few. So i started to get worried just like any other soon to be mom would. So i ended up calling my doctor and telling him about her movements and how it was very minimal. He told me to call the hospital and go in for a NST (non stress test), so thats what i did.

Its nice that our hospital is like 5 mins away from us. So i headed down to the hospital and i had not gone for a NST before so wasn't to sure what to expect. Well they took me to a room and hooked me up, they had a hard time trying to keep a steady heart beat rate cause the straps were placed on my tummy but i had to keep my finger on it to keep it pushed down or else we loss the connection. The nurse said it would take about 30 minutes to do the test, well after the 30 minutes they weren't happy with the activity of her and put me on for about another 45 mins, it was quite a long time, but i didn't care i just wanted to make sure she was ok.

So after the 45 minutes the nurse said she still wasn't happy with the test, so she ended up calling me doctor and he said that he wanted me to spend the night in the hospital and that he would come first thing in the morning and would check me out. I was feeling very nervous at this point and had little tears cause i was scared that maybe something was wrong with her. So i called my husband, he was out and about and i told him that i would have to stay the night and if he could come to the hospital and bring me some of my things. So meanwhile they put me in a room and took all my vitals, and the nurse said to me that she had talked to the doctor and they may want to induce me tomorrow just because of the test not going very well and they were worried too. So now i'm really freaking out. He said that he would be at the hospital in the morning and he would check me and then i would be induced around 8:00am. All i was thinking that omg she is going to be here soon. So my husand came to the hospital and he was allowed to spend the night with me so we basically stayed up quite late just talking about our little girl and that she may be here very soon, maybe tomorrow!!!

TUESDAY APRIL 13, 2010

So the next morning i got woken up by the nurse that wanted to take my blood pressure and check my numbers for my gestational diabetes and take my temperture, everything was fine. Then about 20mins after that breakfast came, ya you know how hospital food is, wasn't too good other then the milk. haha..

So another nurse comes in the room and tells me that she's going to move me to another room and wait for the doctor. Meanwhile she had me hooked up for another NST. The nurse was so nice i liked her alot! So she got me hooked up and about 30 mins after that my doctor came. He checked my cervix and whatever else they check..haha..It kinda hurt though when he was checking. Then he ended up putting this gel into me that would help bring on contractions. So he said at around 5:00pm he will check me again and if nothing has happened my then that he would put some more gel into me.

So the first couple hrs were very uncomfortable, very bad cramps. It was very hard to lie down, I felt alot better when i was walking. The cramps were really bad but started feeling better after acouple of hours, so i kinda knew that at 5:00pm that i would be induced for a second time and that is what exactly happend. The doctor came back at 5:00pm and checked me and said nothing has changed, so ended up putting more gel into me. It was so hard cause i was constantly have a NST done to me while i was cramping. My mom and sister were there with me and trying to help me feel better but nothing but walking was helping me. I was really hoping that something would happen and that i would have severe contrations or something, but that never happend. The doctor told me again that if nothing happens that the next morning then would induce me again for a 3rd time and that the dose would be a stronger one, i thought ok thats great a higher dose better chance i will start contractions. So that night my huband and i just kept our selves busy playing on the laptop and doing some scratch tickets and filling in part of the baby book.

WEDNESDAY APRIL 14, 2010

So like yesterday morning we did the same procedure again. He checked me internally, told me nothing has really changed alot and induced me for the 3rd time with a stronger dosage and still i was all strapped up and they were checking the baby's heartbeat and if i was having contrations. My cramps were getting a little worse but nothing that i couldn't handle. So acouple hours after i was induced the doctor came in and told me that he's not very happy with NST and that me being iduced 3 times, nothing is progressing so he told me that he would like to schedule me in for a C-section. He said i would have the surgery and that i would be in recovery for 2 hrs after that. As soon as he said that i started crying. I thought ok a C-section, that means she will forsure be here today. I was very happy about her coming today but very nervous about the surgery. So the doctor said that i was scheduled for around 7:00pm to have the C-section. At this point my husband was at the hospital and my mom and sister still. My mom got on the phone and basically called everyone and told them the news and told my family to come to come shortly after 7:00pm. I was so hungry that morning but the nurse had told me that i can't eat anything until after surgery..I was like omg thats too long and i couldn't even drink water.

So the nurse comes back about less then an hour later and tells me that they have moved me up and i will now be going for surgery at 2:00pm. I was like WOW only afew hours away. I really started getting nervous but held in there..haha..So my mom recalled everyone and told them to come earlier now..haha. All i kept thinking to my self was omg i'm going to be having a baby today, i was so happy, I've been waiting for this day forever and today was the day. So just before 2:00pm the nurse comes in and gives my husband clothes to put on for the surgery. At this point my whole family was there to give me kisses and wish me luck!! I was crying of course!! hahah..

So they wheeled me out on my bed and brought me to the surgery room where the Anesthesiologists explained to me the procedure of what he will be doing and asked if i had any questions. I didn't really have any questions. I just told him that i was very nervous. So my husband wasn't allowed in the room while he was giving me my shot which was inserted into my spine. It didn't hurt at all while he was doing it. Shortly after him giving me the shot i couldn't really feel anything, everything was numb. Husband was now allowed to come back in the room, he sat right next to me and held my hand, i'm sure i was squeezing it pretty hard..haha...So they started the C-section and all i could feel was a little bit of pressure, it wasn't even an uncomfortable feeling, i was doing ok. I kept asking my husband if he could see anything but he really couldn't cause there was a cover over us. The whole thing went pretty quick it seemed. Then i could feel the doctor pressing quite a bit harder and he said here she is!! Omg i started crying right away and my husband looked up and he could see her and then she started crying..OMG was that the best thing i ever heard was when she started crying!! The doctor said it was a good thing that we ended up having the csection cause the cord was wrapped around her neck. I knew something wasn't right from the beginning. My husband went over and cut the umbilical cord and was taking pics while they were checking her out. Then they brought her to me and the nurse took some pics of the 3 of us. Shortly after seeing her for only a brief few minutes they finished stapling me up and then took me right to recovery.

About 2 hrs after being in recovery my husand came down and told me how beautiful she was and that she was upstairs in our room with my family. I got wheeled up there in my bed and saw my little girl! Ciara Marie!! I was so happy to see how beautiful and perfect she looked. My huband told me that when they brought her to see my family that her eyes were wide open and just looking around. My day had finally come, i was a mom and i thanked god so much for my little miracle!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1424.jpg
    IMG_1424.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 30
wow, she is so cute! and what a beautiful name. congrats hun :hugs:

Beautiful story hunny. I'm so happy everything turned out well and can't wait to meet the little miss...

congrads she is lovely xxx How far along were you ? Did you make 40 weeks x

Beautiful story hunny. I'm so happy everything turned out well and can't wait to meet the little miss...

Thanks hunny!! I couldn't be any happier either!!! I can't wait for you to meet her too!! I can't wait to see you guys soon and your LO!!! xoxo

congrads she is lovely xxx How far along were you ? Did you make 40 weeks x

Thanks hun!! No i didn't make 40 weeks.. I was 38+2 when i had her...I had a funny feeling something wasn't right, i guess it was the motherly instinct that made me go to the hospital and thank god cause the cord was around her neck

Hey hun!!! Just came across this I'm so happy you posted it :)
Sounds like you had quite a few surprises but in the end you have an absolutely gorgeous little girl. COngrats :hugs:

Congrats on little Ciara. She's soooo beautiful and got such a lot of dark hair!

Congratulations hun! I'm glad I got to read your birth story! I'm sure it was scary, but I'm glad she's here and healthy! :hugs:

I can't believe I missed this thread!

She's beautiful hon, I can't wait to meet her, I'm going to try and convince Peter we should make a trip down before Christmas, hopefully in September when Candice has her baby.

I love you! :hugs:

I can't believe I missed this thread!

She's beautiful hon, I can't wait to meet her, I'm going to try and convince Peter we should make a trip down before Christmas, hopefully in September when Candice has her baby.

I love you! :hugs:

Thanks cuz!! I can't wait for you to meet her too, and i can't wait to see you guys again!! That would be cool if you guys come down in September!!! Love ya!!! xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->