The arrival of Evie Delia - 9 days early!!!

leelee

Mammy to 2
Reaction score
I went to bed at about 11pm on Monday night (12th Sept) and was still have erratic (tightenings as I thought) contractions between every 10-20 mins. I also had a bad badache but didn't know if it was due to the prolapse as well so very confusing.

I woke up at 4.50am on Tuesday morning and became aware that I was having contractions every few mins. I woke up OH and told him that he would have to start timing them on contraction master but we gave up after about 2 contractions as I knew this was the real thing. I forced myself to go for a shower although I didn't really want to as they were quite painful by now. Oh went into the other bathroom and had a shower and must have woken up Max, as he started to cry. So my Mam got up and took Max into her room.

I got dressed and my Mam came into my room and I remember saying 'I better be 6cm when I get to the hospital as this is so sore and I want the epidural'!!! OH rang the hospital and when they spoke to me they told us to come in so he booked a cab and I straightened my hair! OH put the TENS on me and I felt a great relief. When the cab arrived OH said he had forgotten his mobile and had to go back and get it and I remember feeling really irritated with him but I put on my hypnobirthing affirmations and tried to listen to them.

We got the hospital and I was examined by a lovely midwife (Glaswegian) who said that I was 5cm and she couldn't believe I was so far on because I was so in control. The similarities to Max's labour were unreal, with him I woke up on a Tuesday morning at around 5am and was 5cm when I got the hospital! Spooky

I said that I wanted an epidural straight away as I think I was worried this birth was going to be the same as Max's but the midwife said that the head was really low down, and in her opinion I didn't and wouldn't need one. So I calmed down a bit and agreed to get into the pool and have gas and air. The gas and air was amazing, I felt really drunk but really in control at the same time! So I stayed in the pool and managed on G&A and she went off duty at 8.30am. The next midwife was just as nice (from Perth) and I chatted to her and OH in between contractions. It was great to have a break in between contractions this time, as the last time they seemed to all blend into one.

I think I started to get a bit distressed again at about 9am and she checked me and said I was 7cm and was so in control and doing so well. I asked about the epidural again and she asked me if I would consider diamorphine. She explained the pros and cons and I decided to go for it. I got out of the pool and she gave ne a shot in the bum. It took about 1/2 to take effect but I found it worked really well for me. Another thing I couldn't believe was that I had so many cups of tea and pieces of toast whereas last time I was so out of it I wouldn't have been able to eat. OH was doing the hypnobirthing 20-20 breathing with me through contractions and it was working really well with a combination of the gas and air and TENS. The TENS was amazing for me in this labour and really helped me though a lot.

So I carried on like this for a while and then the diamorphine started to wear off so the midwife said she would give me another 5mg shot and then break my waters for me. She did this at 11.30am (now 9cm) and it wasn't sore, I really felt nothing. We put on the TV and I continued to breathe through contractions, eat tea and toast and watch Neighbours and Home and Away.

Then at some point things started to pick up and I felt like I needed the epidural again as I didn't feel like I was managing well. The midwife kept saying to me that I wasn't even making a sound and was so in control she couldn't believe it, but inside I didn't feel in control. She said she would ring the anaesathist (sp?) and get him to come down. She asked me where the pains were and even though they had moved around to my bum I said they were still in my bump as I knew she wouldn't give me the epidural.

She went out of the room and suddenly everything changed. I was standing up and roared at OH - something is changing, something is changing. I had an almighty contraction and was groaning and couldn't breathe through it. I felt a sharp stinging pain and knew the head was out. OH had pressed the buzzer and the midwife came running in. SHe pulled down my knickers and told me to stop pushing. I followed her instructions and breathed Evie out. The relief was immense and the pushinhg bit had lasted 3 mins.

Evie arrived at 2.24pm and I was discharged from the hospital at 6.30pm. She is beautiful and I am feeding her, although finding it very painful.

I probably have more bits and pieces to add, but thats it for now!

Congrats on your baby girl!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->