The Arrival of Finnlay Elijah Ross 25/6/2009

dizzyspells

Mia & Finnlays Mummy.xxx
Reaction score
Well have just got chance to sit down a write up my birth story.I was due on the 25th June but they decided to induce me a few days early as I had been having problems with my BP and my Heart Rate, and the baby had also been showing signs of increased heart rate the week before.

I went in to start the induction on Tue 23rd June and had the pessery inserted about 10am,its a newish type thing and is almost like a tampon that stays inserted for 24hrs and slowly releases.My cervix was closed but soft so they were happy enough that things should get moving for me.I was having pains every 5 mins by the afternoon and was trying to keep as active as possible to encourage things along!.Nothing changed though and just continued with the pains through the night until the following morning.

Wed 24th June.Pains were still coming every 5mins but were bearable,had my internel to remove the pessery at 10am and also to check and see if I had progressed at all and to see if they could break my waters.And had dilated to 1cm and she couldnt get in to break my waters.To say I was disheartened is an understatement!!.So she then inserted a gel that had to be left in hours and then they would try again.So more walking,bouncing etc!!!The pains were all in my bum(Sorry!!)it was horrible!!. They checked me again at about 4pm and still no progress from the morning so they said that they would leave me until the morning then take it from there!.I was in tears I was so fed up by this point I just wanted to either go into established labour or go home!!.At 8pm a new miswife came on duty and she sat and went through everything me and suggested that she got the doctor to come and have a look and see if he thought that my waters could be broken.He cam and gave me an internel and then walked off,and 5 mins later came back with the Gas and Air connector and said right get breathing we are going to do this!!!EEEEK!!It was fine though and OMG my waters gushed out everywhere!!They continued leaking right up to giving birth,the midwife could not believe how much fluid had been surrounding the baby!I was then moved into the delivery room and given 2hrs for my contractions to start before they started me on the drip.Anyway to cut a long story short had be put on the drip and monitered all the time but the moniter was wireless so could move around as normal!.

25th June.Was in established labour by 2.30am and the contractions were so intense and still felt like they were all in my bum it was getting unbearable so started on the gas and air.By 5am I was not coping at all with the pain and could not get comfy at all.I have always said no way to an epi but was struggling with the pain that much I was considering it.Midwife checked me and was only 3-4cm dilated so I decided that I was going to have the epi as there was noway I could cope with the pain when I had so far to go!The midwife turned off the drip so the contractions would be calmer when I was getting the epidural put in.Next thing I know I really want to push!!,the contractions were so painfull and the midwife was saying you cant push your only 4cm dilated!!My body had other ideas and I just could not help it!!She checked me and said OMG I can see his head!!!!.So it was all a bit manic then and 6 pushes later he was born!He was put on me for skin to skin but he was blue and did not respond so he was whisked away and had to be resusitated for 2mins,they were the longest 2 mins of our lives waiting for that cry!!.He was fine after that and cam to us for a big cuddle until I had to have my stiches done as had a 2nd degree tear.So I went from 4cm to delivery in 23 mins!No wonder I was not coping with the pain!!!!

Welcome to the world Finnlay Ross.
Weighed 8lb 14oz
Born on 25th June at 5.47am.(on his due date!

Sorry for the long long post really didnt mean to ramble so long!!Here are a couple of pics of my little guy!!

https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t307/hanakd1/Picture023.jpg

https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t307/hanakd1/Picture027.jpg

i really enjoyed reading that thanks babes gl babes and thanks again

Congratulations!!! He's absolutely gorgeous!

Congrats! Nice quick 23minutes! Lol.

Hes Lovely :) Sorry he had to resus but glad all is ok in the end, all the bext for the future :blue:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations he is gorgeous
Love his name too
x

Congratulations again, he's lovely!! Yours is the first birth story I've read since giving birth myself and it just brought it all back - and a tear to my eye! Good going trying top push at 4cm!!! I bet that 2 mins was just awful for you, naughty little man giving you a shock like that! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->