The arrival of Leo James 18.08.10

Bex1p

Mummy of 3 little beauts!
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Finally it's my turn to post my birth story! :happydance:

On the Wednesday 18th August I got back from a pretty full and emotional day and realised I was getting regular pains deep in my pelvis at about 9.30pm. I timed then and they eventually started coming between every 5-10 mins and getting more painful. When I finally decided I was in labour around 12am I rang my sister to come get me and my Mum to come and watch the girls and me and my sister went off to hers.

I was dealing with the contractions fine on my ball and inhaling clary sage and had abit of a show so rang the maternity ward and they said to go in whenever I felt the need. We went off to a 24 hours Mcdonalds and as soon as we got back in the door with it my pains got quite intense and seemed to be overlapping or coming every 4 minutes so we went in to the labour ward around 3am.

Got there to find out I hadnt even dialated yet! Was just the standard 1-2cm for a subseqent pregnany cervix. I was gutted! Couldnt believe you could get pains that close together and they not do anything!

From there the pains continued coming every mins so I had some codeine and got in the bath and used a jug to pour water over my belly. Eventually i'd had enough in there so sat on my ball....bouncing or rocking really helped. I didnt get examined for a good while after the first because I was scared i'd be disheartened if I hadnt progressed......no need....we were all shocked to learn I was a stretchy 7cm dialated!

At this point I started on the gas and air and contractions started to come every 3 mins...then 2 mins. It was really intense but I practised my breathing and the gas and air was a big help! In the end it was decided to break my waters as they just didnt seem to want to go and I was stuck at 8cm.

As soon as they broke them....I broke!

Baby had poo'ed inside and the pain was ridiculous...I was scared as my first also got distressed and it ended up being a traumatic birth. The rest is a blur of tidal waves of immense pain, crying my heart out, hearing people talk about the heartbeat dipping and me being rather quite out of it.

I wouldnt stop puffing on the gas, I didnt want to be with it with all that going on. I was that high I was imagining i'd given birth to him atleast 5 times before I did! I kept opening my eyes thinking he'd be there but everyone was just stood looking me and saying "shes having a strong contraction" The pain was incredible.

I kept saking where my baby was, when was he coming...and when they said soon I would say, no he's not! He cant be, ive been having him for ages!

Again I heard all the talk about the heartbeat dipping so I said "just knock me out and take me for a c-sect!"

Then finally I was being told to push. IT WAS AMAZING. It felt so good to push. I felt everything and it was so much better than the pain from the contractions. I pushed for all I was worth! Next minute I was getting the gas and air pulled off me as I wasnt breathing it in anymore I was just smashing it into my mouth and my mouth was bleeding!

That was fine, I just kept pushing until I heard "he's got loads of dark hair!"
I laughed and pushed some more and the head was out. I got told he was trying to cry right there between my legs!
I waited for the next contraction and pushed again and out he slipped! BEST FEELING EVER!

He was put straight onto me and he was so beautiful :cloud9:
He has the cutest little wimper that brings me to tears still!

We waited for the cord to stop pulsating and then I cut it!.....got checked for tears and nothing! I was very proud of myself indeed! hehe

He was born at 1.08pm and weighed 8lb 2.5oz.
We got let out at 9pm and all is well! He's not suckling on my breast very well and that along with not having any sleep for 2 days is getting me down a little but the midwife is coming today so i'll have a word with her about it.

Thanks for reading, here are a few piccies!

Attachments

• P190810_08.530001.jpg
    P190810_08.530001.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 58
  • P190810_08.590001.jpg
    P190810_08.590001.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 45
  • P180810_21.330001.jpg
    P180810_21.330001.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 45
Congratulations!!!

He is gorgeous!! and you have such a pretty little girl aswell.

Glad to hear he arrived safely. All the best. xx

Awww congradulations , he soo cute :) , be my turn soon lol

Aww congratulations, you did it!!! Well done to you xxx

Congrats honey :)

He is sooooooo adorable.

So pleased for you :)

XxX:kiss:

congrats he is gorgeous, your story sounds a bit horrific lol, well done hunny xxx

Thanks everyone! I cant stop looking at him! ha ha

You stalked well louloubabs! he he How are you?

It was horrific but only for the last hour and I think that is because I was afraid to have my waters broken knowing the intensity of the pain afterwards combined with finding out baby had poo'ed.

I was as cool as a cucumber until then! Once you lose it I think your in trouble :nope:

I did stalk well, huh? Haha.

I'm fine thanks :0 That'll be me in 20ish weeks. Eeeep.

I know what you mean about the breaking of the waters. They did that to me with Aimee and I just lost it after that......

XxX:kiss:

he's just beautiful, well done! You dd looks proud as punch as well! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"