the arrival of louie daniel

dougie

Fluff addict!
Reaction score
excuse my laziness, i just pasted from third tri :)

woke up for a wee at about 5oclock, couldnt get back to sleep so decided to wake the OH up for a bit of hows your father, straight away got period type cramps that went on and off, managed to get about an hours sleep!

woke up and the pains were constant, thought 'mmm i think this is the beginning of something here!' got ready to meet up with my work friends, text my best buddy who was coming to mine first saying that i thought labour was starting - which scared the bejebus out of her! :p was funny :p just as we were about to leave, my new cath kidston handbag arrived in the post and i was over the moon! very exciting! anyway off we go to the park and ride

get into town and im waddling like a duck, meet up with our friend who was introducing her 2 week old son, Emmanuel! he was the most precious thing EVER! i start getting contractions in the coffee shop and decide to go for a walk right to the other end of the shopping centre for a wee, in which i proceed to trip over myself (baby had dropped forwards and my centre of balance had gone awol) infront of Gok Wan himself!
After about 2 hours, we decided to get some lunch - contractions are getting worse in Pizza Hut but i was glad to wolf down a meal, i had a feeling it might be one of my last for a few hours! Go to the loo and woo im losing my plug!! :D

Get the bus home and were timing my contractions at 10 mins, me clinging on to the rails, my friend looking at me like a crazy person! the park and ride is just at the end of my street so i decide im fine to drive 1/2 a mile!
oh my dear lord!
some tosser decides to get right up my bum as im driving, so i tap the brakes - he overtakes me in such a dangerous manner, and SLAMS the brakes on infront of me! inches forwards and REVERSES back and literally touches my front bumper! in such a state of shock and panic, i got out of the car, my logic being, oh my gosh if he does it again i dont want to be in the vehicle! he gets out and starts shouting 'WHAT DYA THINK YOUR DOING' at me! (the cheek of it!) and i shout back 'IM IN F***ING LABOUR WHAT DO YOU THINK Y O U ARE DOING!' and get back in the car shaking! he speeds off, undertaking someone else and doing the same to another car further up the road - people like that shouldnt be allowed to drive!!

anyway i get home (about 200 yards up the road!) and am in a right state- as you can imagine, shaking and crying :( get in the bath and calm down. by this point the contractions are getting closer together, got out of the bath and lost loads of plug and had a show - getting reallly excited!!

at 5pm we started timing my contractions, they were coming at every 2 mins, getting really REALLY strong, after my mom and OH order a takeaway (charming :p) we finally get to the hospital at 7:30!
was so pleased to be at 3cms and progressing well, they want me to stay in and keep an eye on bubs because he hasnt been moving barely at all

the contractions soon start getting further and further apart, varying in intensity, i would get a HUGE one, then a few tiny ones close together then nothing for ages so i ask the midwife if i can go home for some rest :)
at 11:30 we were sent home with some paracetamol and something coedine based apparently!

once home, got in the bath and the contractions all but wore off, they were still coming but i could barely feel them although they were quite strong - the painkillers and the bath were a fab combo and with the OH kipping on the bathroom floor :kiss: i managed to get some sleep, amazingly!

out now and the contractions are getting more frequent and stronger - coming 6 minute-ly and i am SO excited :) i should have my little boy in my arms by tomorrow! :cloud9:

this is REALLY long so thankyou if anyone actually reads it!

UPDATE: not sure if people read my other post, but had to have an emergency (very emergency) c-section at 5:30 sunday morning after a 40 hour labour :( i was very poorly, but the cesarian was because the cord was wrapped so tightly around Louie's neck that it was suffocating him, his heart rate dipped to 38bpm at the lowest i saw - it was heartbreaking, especially having to have general anesthetic, not knowing if i would have a little boy when i woke up, i am so truly thankful that he is well and such an angel!
had 4 tough days in hospital, both of us on constant obs because i had a 'mystery infection' which was just nonsense, i was fine - the only thing wrong with me is anemia, just about scraped having a blood transfusion thank god
got sent home this afternoon and Louie has settled in SO well, i am so proud of my little man! he was charming all the nurses, who looked forward to the cuddles they sneaked when they did his checks :p everyone is completely in love with him! breastfeeding is going so well, he is a pro! and he is just a fantastic little baby!!

https://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk50/dougie106/100_1194.jpg
first picture

https://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk50/dougie106/100_1195.jpg
proud daddy

https://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk50/dougie106/100_1202.jpg
awful looking mummy and gorgeous louie

Mr Louie Daniel, 7lbs 4oz, 24/01/10, 5:30
https://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk50/dougie106/100_1226.jpg
3 days old :)

Congrats! He is amazing. :cloud9: So sorry things went so badly. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online