The Arrival of Miss Jessica Lola

niccola27

Reaction score
Contractions started 5:45 on Saturday 23rd October (my birthday) the day before her EDD. Contractions were pretty painful and about 10 minutes apart. Phoned the labour ward who told me to phone again once contractions were around 3-4 every 10 minutes.
After about 3-4 hours they spaced out to nearly 1 every 20 minutes so I wasn't sure if they would stop all together.
From around 3pm they were getting pretty intense and I was not enjoying my birthday at all and was climbing the walls.
Got to 6.30 and phoned the labour ward again who told me to come in as contractions were around 4-5 mns apart.
Went in and was examined and found to be 3cm dilated (which I was pretty chuffed with as I am a complete wuss when it comes to pain).
Went down to the delivery suite around 9pm started on gas & air and after about an hour had a diamorphine injection which didn't really do a lot for me so went for the epidural. The epidural seemed to be working pretty well and I was starting to sleep which was heaven but things quickly went wrong and baby was getting distressed and my blood pressure had dropped. The doctor said about the baby having fluid on her head and that they might want to take a sample of the fluid and if the results weren't good i might have to have a c-section or if I was happy it might be safer to go for the c-section. I said I was happy to go for the section. They brought all the consent forms for me to sign and told me that I would just need my epidural to be topped up in theatre.
Went down to theatre (within 90 seconds of signing my name) had to remove jewellery etc. The top up epidural didn't work straight away and the anesthetist requested an additional 2 minutes to allow the effects to take place to which the surgeon replied "we don't have 2 minutes" - then I realised I was in trouble. They said they would have to put me to sleep and saying goodbye to my husband was the most awful thing ever as we had to do it in under 10 seconds. She was born at 02:28 on Sunday 24th October - her actual due date.
I came round later to my beautiful daughter next to my bed in her little cot - all I remember is being told she was a girl (which we knew anyway) and I remember thinking "wow she has her eyes open). The next 2-4 hours are lost as I not only had the epidural + top up to get over but also the general anesthetic.
To be honest the whole experience was pretty awful and my husband said to me he's not sure if he could go through it again - I was fairly lucky being out of it but he had to be witness to quite a lot of it.
Jessica Lola is beautiful and has the sweetness nature and is the most loved any little baby could possibly be and I wouldn't change that for the world but I'm not sure I could go through it all again!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->