the arrival of my princess mia 25/1/2010

upsy daisy1

Reaction score
just thaught id leave a quick birth story.baby mia arrived on monday 25th jan weighing 6 pound 8 ounces.

i went to the midwife at 36 weeks 5 days for my check up.i was examined and told the baby was head down but not engaged yet.told the midwife i was getting period type pains and loosing my mucus plug.(sorry tmi)and was told this was normal for that stage.

well the baby must of been eager to enter the world cause a week later on the 24th i started getting bad back pains but thaught nothing of it as they were barable and i had no pains in my front.this carried on from 4 that afternoon until midnight and then completely stopped. i went to sleep feeling very dishartened that things had stopped. At 5am i woke up and felt a funny pain in my bump and my waters broke and i had my show. (partner then asked if im sure i didnt wet myself....):dohh:

anyway the contractions started straight away 2-3 mins apart.i went straight to the hospital and was 3 cm dialated, which was a shock. was taked to the ward and given gas and air as i wanted an active birth i couldnt have any other pain relief. (well if you call active birth me leaning over a bean bag and birthing ball, biting on the gas and air and demanding my back be rubbed until it went numb, then thats what i did.):blush: well baby mia arrived into the world at 8:23am with her eyes wide open and lips ready for a feed.

me and her daddy are so amazed with her and just cant stop staring.:cloud9: will try post some pics soon.good luck to all you ladies and i hope you have quick, safe deliveries. thank you for all the support. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->