The BIG Christmas clean....

DCS

Reaction score
Starts today. Mostly because we have no money left to go out shopping and partly because my house looks like a bomb went off in it. I'm sick of looking at the mess and the unused toys. I'm doing the kitchen ( hiding from dd) oh is doing the living room. I always clean better when I'm pissed off but oh won't argue with me.
Anyone else started?

Ooh good plan. I'm trying to hold off on any more shopping because I don't want to save some for December, but I want to continue with my Christmas preparation; a clean and sort out sounds good! I'm going to go through the kids toys :).

I had a massive clear out back in August so I haven't got much to throw out, I've ordered new furniture for the boys bedrooms so I will probably find more to chuck going through that! I've had a regular cleaner since my big clear out so house isn't too bad although I know all the toys are mixed up in the wrong boxes so will want to sort that out, my hubby is back in a few weeks after 4 months working away so it'll be more in aid of that than Xmas- pretend I've been on top of it all in his absence haha. House feels a mess though as I've finished my Xmas shopping so it's cluttered housing it all.

Sounds great! I'll do mine closer to Christmas as the kids will only mess it up again :haha:

We've just had a big clear out for DS birthday. In December we'll start preparing for the christmas clean. A few days before Christmas I'll do a deep clean x

We did a mammoth clear out over the summer holidays. Literally halved the kids toys, clothes, everything. I think we ended up with something like 8-10 large bags of toys to the nursery, 1 large bag of books to the schools, 4+ car loads to the charity shop, 2x trips to cash4clothes, a trip to the dump as well as giving piles of clothes and toys to friends and family and selling 4 huge boxes full of toys! It felt so good to just get rid of it all! Ive, since the half term, just managed to find another 20 normal sized carrier bag full of toys and 2 of clothes that I've donated to the schools and charity shops. Only the kitchen to go and then i think i might be done!

We are mid Christmas clean. I've cleaned out the kitchen cupboards and now have a shelf reserved for Christmas foods. We have started decorating the down stairs toilet. First coat of paint went on today. And i started a toy cull but there's lots more to do.

I randomly go through toys whenever I notice an over abundance of happy meal/birthday party type toys bc I know most of those won't be missed.. my daughter plays with pretty much everything she has other than those (we moved around last Xmas so most of her toys were put in my parents basement playroom for all the grandkids) also my husband is a neat freak so our house is mostly in order anyway. Will just do things like shampoo the area rugs a few days before and we should be good.

I'm planning on starting this once Scarlett is better, she's full of a cold at the minute and so clingy!
I tried to sort out their toys a while ago, i ended up with one bin bag for the bin! And one bag of baby toys I sold.
We had new sofas the other week so the skirting boards in the living room and the floor had a good clean. I actually sorted out the draws on the landing last week and threw a bin bag full of rubbish so really its only the bedrooms to sort and then deep clean eveywhere then keep on top of it!

We had a realy productive day. I was on my feet for almost 7 hours. Only managed about 6 cups of tea today, usualy we hit well over double that. We have two reasonably tidy rooms. I'd be happy for someone to drop by unannounced. I managed to fill about 3 recycleing bags and 2 bin bags just from the kitchen. No idea what OH managed to get rid of. Tomorrow it's the bedrooms. Oh is working tomorrow so will have to be fairly quick. I wish I could leave it till December, but sometimes I feel like I just can't do anything. So have to start ages before I want it done. It's nearly impossible to do anything when ds is off school. Both kids in the house at the same time, usualy ends with us trying to tidy but as soon as we get started they start arguing. Much easier with just one kid home. We can set them up with an activity, OH stays in the same room, and we can get something done.

Big clean needs to start for me soon....

Upstairs
Need to sort out my present stash, though not quite finished yet! Girls bedrooms need a toy sort out. Then dust, hoover etc as normal

Downstairs
Really want to decorate lounge before Christmas, we have the paint and paper but no time. May make a start this weekend.
In the meantime I'm doing a toy sort out, cleaning the bathroom and the kitchen. OH gave the bathroom a good clean recently so shouldn't have much to do. Kitchen will take a while although small as I want to have the oven cleaned plus all the units etc.

All in time for the tree going up 1st December!!!!

Cant wait to this sort and clean but need to wait for two things to happen

- Finish my end of year taxes
- Wait for dog to stop moulting

I swear, it's like my kids know I have plans. DD woke up at 11pm last night, and was up until about 3am. I was exhausted this morning. So was she. She has decided she no longer needs a nap, but had one today. So we didn't manage to get into the bedrooms. So decided to keep it simple by attacking the downstairs loo, upstairs bathroom, downstairs hallway and the stairs. Our black bin is so full my mum ended up taking 2 bin liners of rubbish with her to put in her bin. Oh is taking dd to playgroup tomorrow, so once we have dropped ds off I will come home for an hour before I leave for my appointment and put away some laundry and clear out the kids clothes.
It's a shame we don't ever have people come round because right now, I'd be happy for people to drop in. The downstairs is all nice and tidy.

Today I managed to start the toy sort out and my Christmas stash is sorted.
Wasn't going to do their clothes but I will as my mum buys them clothes bags too.

Myself and DD2 aren't feeling too great today so trying to have some quiet time together so we feel better.

I got absolutely nothing done today. I was going to deal with laundry but during the school run ds and his friends gave me a list of snacks they wanted after school, before their activity. So I decided to go buy them bits. Naturally they picked things we don't have in. I'm determined to get the clothes dealt with tomorrow. Tumble dryers broken and being fixed Friday so I want to have all this clean stuff put away before I work on washing and drying a weeks worth of clothes.

We're going to be moving within the next month or two so will have loads of clearing and cleaning to do, I'm dreading it!

Our Big clean this year has been a bit crazy :wacko:

I have taken some of ds's toys up and sorted through them. However.
. We are currently decorating the nursery and ds has a new single bed which we cant build till the floor is done as a big set of drawers is going from ds room to the nursery.

So it has started but..... it has made things much worse before better :haha:

Its amazing how fast it actually goes from November to Christmas. I started konmari this year so thankfully most of the tidying, sorting and general binning is done. I really need to go through the presents at some point this weekend as finishing shopping on Monday with dh.

This weekend I'm planning on sorting the present stash, taking all the boxes and packaging to the tip and sorting a collection for our old matress that ds currently has in his room. I'll blitz the upstairs cleaning sunday morning before the kids go to a party and the downstairs cleaning Sunday night. At some point Monday I'll need to drop a carload of donations to the zero waste scheme and toys to the nursery toy sale. I'm leaving next week free to really go through the kitchen as the medicine cupboard in particular seems to just multiply its contents!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->