The BIG Christmas clean....

So apparently I had more cleaning than I thought.. went through DDs closet and packed away all the clothes that dont fit her.. and went through her small toy bins and managed to throw away a ton of toys that she won't miss.. I need to get one more storage tote for the clothes as the one I had barely closed and I have a half a drawer of things I didn't fit in.

I'm also going through the drawer we throw mail in today and getting rid of things we don't need and filing the ones we'll keep.

I dont seen to be getting anywhere with mine. Been so busy I feel like it'll never get done

My clean is at a standstill. I don't know what to do next!
My living room is a mess as I stupidly decided to decorate, DH is away and TBH is being a bit moody with it and left the paint where I can't get it!
My kitchen and bathroom still need a good deep clean, I'll probably start there tomorrow.
I am NOT ready for it to be December next week!

Well, that didn't last long for us. I find I'm most productive when I wake up before 6. I have been so exhausted I just can't get up. The kids have trashed the living room again. Despite OH sorting and organising all the toys they just got tipped onto the floor and now are in random places. Iv been trying to deal with the kids clothes, when I have a few minutes but with two poorly kids it's been difficult. I'm hoping to get something done Thursday. I'm aiming for my bedroom. Hopefully that will stay tidy.

Oh dear! So hard to keep it tidy with kids isn't it!

It realy is. Saying that though, I'm generally quite a messy person. Or I used to be before I had kids. I can't tell anymore. I think our biggest problem is that our house is way to small for us.

I've decided to do a huge clear out, with 5 of us in a tiny house I'm constantly falling over stuff. We currently have no room for a Christmas tree so I think one of our sofas will be going to make space, it's only ever used for the rare visitor and usually just piled with junk so after Christmas it will give us much more space as well. I've done under the stairs today so shoes and coats can actually be put away, downside to that is I had a few big presents hidden under there!
Kids rooms need a huge sort out before Christmas really but I'm not sure that will really be doable.

I'm waiting. There's a good chance of moving house (if we're accepted) after 16th Dec so the house will be fresh from then on :D

I feel so behind. Just saw the Christmas count down is at 33 days!

I wish I could start the big Xmas clean now! Sadly the kids make everything so untidy I'll still be cleaning on the 24th!

Kitchen and bathroom clean happened today! That feels better and something off the list!

I've cleaned mine and Alex's bedrooms this afternoon. And both upstairs bathrooms. I'm just waiting on delivery of my ecloth to give the shower cubicle a good clean. Just waiting for Scarlett to wake up to clean her room and hoover upstairs.

I'm baking OH a cake tomorrow morning for his birthday, so once that's done I'll give the kitchen a good clean and mop.

OH finishes work for Christmas a week today, so hopefully we can get lots done. I'm having a party for kids friends. Which is going to be insane with 15 kids running round my house. It's 2 weeks today. It's a good excuse to clear out a bunch of crap. I find I get the most cleaning done before I have guests. Then it's just a case of maintaining until the big day. Which should be easy because we usualy have family dropping by so we work extra hard to keep it tidy.

We have finished decorating the living room YAY. The colours are more warmer so feels Christmassy already (deep purple feature wall and off white main walls). Spent today putting stuff back. Ordered new curtains and table cloth :)
Still to do by a Friday (tree day)
-Clean windows
-Paint the downstairs doors
-Hoover upstairs and the stairs
-Clean and sort out the front porch

Using this to update myself, for some reason makes me feel better ha ha

Today finished painting woodwork
Cleaned oven
Cleaned front porch

To do
Paint kitchen door
Clean bedrooms upstairs

Nearly the 1st....on target!

Well, we finished decorating the down stairs toilet so even though it wasn't part of my usually Christmas clean it was something that needed finishing seeing as dh started it.

I made a start on selling some toys. Though, I have promised ds all the profits from his toys and dd the money from her toys. I think the biggest winner is me though, because I gain space.

I've completely de cluttered my bedroom!
Just need to cull dc's clothes & toys, sort paperwork out and paint skirting boards in hallway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->