The big Christmas clean!

c1403

Reaction score
Anyone onto this part of Christmas yet lol.

I can't think about getting the tree out until the house has has a good sort out and clean (I always clean but this is a bit of a depeer clean).

Going to start today by sorting out our front porpo (full of coats , shoes,random bags etc)

Toys next, I've gone through most of their toys but need to set asside space for the new ones. Already got some new storage buckets. May switch some things around etc.

My new sofa which I ordered in August! has been delayed again until WC 26th November. It better bloody come in time. It's not even a ridiculously expensive one but is taking ages!

Hit the kids bedrooms yesterday quite hard.

DS1 found a couple of toys in his cupboard he’s never played with #-o

Starting to think about clearing space for food

I made a list of things to do, that's as far as I got. I'll probably make a start tomorrow as we plan to put the tree up on the first of December so only 2 weeks.

Me! I'm blitzing the house today. The girls are at their dads (school is off tomorrow) so Im cleaning the kitchen at the moment, then will clear all the clutter from the living room. Bedrooms arent too bad so will do them through the week.
Cant believe the tree is going up in less than 2 weeks!

I am! Recently had a huge declutter and tidied the house. Even repainted! :haha:

We've started! Today we've cleared through all the clothes. We've got about 7 bin bags full to take to charity. DS has just had his room decorated and we've got loads more storage so we're putting all the clothes away properly (DD has a tiny room with no space so her clothes have been all over the place).

Gave the hall a big clean and sort out.

Sadly the washing machine has blocked so it stinks of egg so that is my priority this evening :cry:

I hate housework but looove the pre Christmas clean :haha:

Just started, going to be a loooong week hahaha

I know what you mean, I can't decorate either until it's had a deep clean and everything is in its place!
My kids are going to the Inlaws today for a few days, so going to spend that time cleaning, organizing and I will decorate and surprise them when they get back

Hit the kids bedrooms yesterday quite hard.

DS1 found a couple of toys in his cupboard he’s never played with #-o

Starting to think about clearing space for food

I need to sort out the kitchen cupboards. Don't have a huge ktichen either. Although we eat everything we buy so won't stock up on food for a few weeks yet

My clean will start next week . Will sort all the girls toys out and then do the front / living rooms ready for the trees/decorations. Then it will be onto the food cupboards.

I don’t really enjoy doing the Christmas clean while its all going on but do enjoy the tree being up knowing it’s all sparkling clean

We’re doing the tree next weekend so will do more of a big clean before then but today I pulled the sofa out and hoovered under.

We’re doing the tree next weekend so will do more of a big clean before then but today I pulled the sofa out and hoovered under.
That's one of my worst jobs tbh! I've refused to do under my sofa until it getw chucked out! We've had it since we moved in,the kids and cat have wrecked it! I want my new one lol

I am starting as well. I only have to work 2 days this week so I'm gonna try to sort and deep clean the house. I'm sorting toys and today.

I started this weekend. We’re putting the tree up next weekend so will be doing it all week. Had all the cushion covers of the sofa today and washed them all. Hate putting the decs up if the house isn’t spotless

My big Xmas clean will probably consist of sorting through dd1s crap old toys and tidying her bedroom. Hers is the worst area of the house by far!

I'm starting this week. My son's school fete is coming up and I of give stuff to them. I'd like to sell a few toys too!

I have a busy work week this coming week so I'm hoping the next week I'll be able to get onto it. Our playroom is just a total mess and full of toys the kids don't really play with, I'm hoping to really get on top of that and then sort the lounge, dining room (aka junk dump) and then the following week do the kids bedrooms which aren't too bad. Its so satisfying to get it tidy before getting the decorations up, or at least I imagine it is as I've never quite mananged :haha:

That's one of my worst jobs tbh! I've refused to do under my sofa until it getw chucked out! We've had it since we moved in,the kids and cat have wrecked it! I want my new one lol
I hate it haha there’s always spiders. I paid my oldest a pound to pick up stuff haha!

I really need a new one after Xmas ours is on its last legs!

That's the upstairs done:)
Sorted out all their toys, cleaned all the furniture, windows, cleqn beds and gave the carpets a good hoover.

It does feel so much better when you gets job done and tocked off your list, I only have to keep on top of things now.

Will do kitchen Friday (my next day off).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->