The big Christmas clean!

Well I made a start. I cleared one of the counters in the kitchen where I wanted to store the Christmas drink and tubs of chocolates, and I sorted out the boys clothes. That's as far as I got so far

I'm currently sorting the living room out before I get our tree up, but it feels like I'm losing the battle!

Ds1 and ds2's room is proving to be much harder work then expected. I've already had a bin liner of actual rubbish and not even finished ds1s side

Just taking a break but my front room is almost ready for decorating. My 8 year old has spent the whole day going "tree?"

I'm almost there although I want to paint the door frames as look so grubby. Not sure I'll get time tbh.
We don't even have any guests coming this year but I hate seeing little scuffs etc

Just the window to clean and Hoover under the sofa (and the rest of the floor) left in the living room
You're almost there he he.
Tempted to ask DH to get the decs down tonight (as he is off) then maybe I'll start putting little things out.
He isn't off again until the 6th....I can't wait that long.

STILL no news on my sofa. They have tried keeping me up to date but furniture village are not my favourite people right now!

I can't believe you still don't have it! I'm going to try to convince DH to get ours out tomorrow if there's time after taking his mum shopping and before picking the boys up from school

It's coming next Friday yay!

Today my boss let me go home early (it's really quiet and I have the phone) so I'm going to clean the bathroom and hopefully sort out kids presents :)

Urgh I give up !! So many things are just mounting up and I’ve lost my will power to get moving !

Urgh I give up !! So many things are just mounting up and I’ve lost my will power to get moving !
I'm with you. I have just cleaned the bathroom and was going to paint some woodwork but I've just cleaned it well with soapy water (kids muxky hands). Saved me a bigger job that didn't really need doing.

I set such high expectations at Christmas, I need to lighten up a bit :)

I've been to see my great nephew for the first time today so done nothing. DH said we can get the decorations out tomorrow so I really need to get moving

My living room is Christmas ready. I've sat and made new lists dividing jobs up for when it's best to do them. Like well clean the oven a few days before Christmas and I'll put their Christmas duvet covers on the day they break up from school

I love the idea of totally blitzing the whole house at Xmas but having 2 very mischievous little ones (who love to wreak havoc when i'm cleaning!) and poor executive functioning means it probably won't happen :oops: I do try and deep clean the downstairs right before the tree goes up though. We're getting a real tree the weekend after next so hopefully I can get a decent clean done in my 4 child free hours next week when dd2 is at nursery and ds is at playgroup ;)

It is definitely much harder when you have little ones hanging around you or causing trouble in another room. I only have DS3 home now that DS4 has started full time school, but being older he can either help or get one with things without destroying the place, which makes life easier.

I did out the playroom and kids bedrooms a couple of weeks ago sold and rehomed lots of toys they no longer play with making space for Christmas

We had a huge "spring" clean last weekend going through cupboards and cleaning everything ready for decorations to go up tomorrow :thumbup:

Just finishing the big clean :wohoo: Hired a rug doctor to do the carpets and I'm so pleased, the water is coming out black, money well spent and the carpets are looking much fresher.

Decs up tonight! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->