The birds and the bees

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
Hi, haven't used this site in a long time but I need some help, Declan who is now 7 has started to ask a lot life questions, I am not sure how to answer this question at the minute as he is so young. I have a 17 year old but he was way older before he asked questions. I don't want to lie to him but I don't want to give him to much information as I feel he is far to young, so far he knows that mummy has an egg, daddy has a seed and when they come together they make a baby, but he isn't happy with this he wants to know more :dohh:

Would anyone mind telling me how they approached this, I have ordered him a book which we will read together but that's it. Declan is very, very intelligent and way above average in all aspects of his education so I don't want to talk to him like a baby but at the same time I don't want to be talking to him like an adult :shrug: Please help :flower:

Me and my OH decided very early on that we would be as honest as we could when this sort of thing came up.

We have a daughter that is 7 and like your boy she is very intelligent.

She asked us questions recently and we got to the stage like you have where she still wanted more information and although she's young, we felt it was fine to approach.

We explained the names for our privates (although, surprisingly to us she did already know these!!) and gave her the proper words to explain how it happens.

You can be completely honest, without going into OTT detail.

A man has a penis, a woman has a vagina. When they feel ready for a baby they put these together in an act that's called sex. If it's the right time, the seed will meet the egg which can then turn into a baby.

She didn't ask anything more than that, but if she had I would have been honest there too.

I grew up in a house where we didn't discuss sex and I don't want that to be the case for my children. So (despite wanting to giggle loads) I kept it simple but accurate.

Good luck! :hugs:

Maria has been asking questions too. So far I've told her about babies growing inside their mummies and she knows where they come out from and that the dad has a seed and the mum has an egg but not how they come together. She's stopped asking for now so I'm waiting until she asks again but I will carry on being honest and explaining simply.

I'm planning on buying the book "Its not the stork" as I've heard good things about it.

I would go with the PP explanation.

My 7 year old hasn't asked anything yet but I know that next school year they will do sex education so I want to preempt that by giving him the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->