The birth of Beau Jaxon. Little late here with the story. late is better than never!

honeygrl

Reaction score
I was booked for induction with pitocin April 2nd at 7am. They started by 8am and it wasn't so bad going into it. I had planned for an epidural early on but the nurse was a twit and had the nerve to say "you don't need it yet." So would only let me have something she gave in my IV that would last about 2 hours. It wore off 2 hours later and I was dilated to about 3cm. I asked again for my epidural, she said I still didn't need it. I told her I did. She said I was fine. I then got really angry and told her to go and order it already because me and the doctor agreed I could have it early if I wanted it and it was my decision not hers to make. So an hour later the anesthesia guy came, with a student. He let the student try doing it without asking me. She screwed it up. it hurt and didn't work. He removed it and tried again. It still hurt and never did work. Sooooo for the rest of labor I had nothing for pain and had to just figure it out as I went along. The twit nurse refused to even let me have more IV medication. I never took any classes on natural child birth so had no idea what to do. In the end though I just focused on a point and made everyone around me stay completely silent. Baby was coming face up so it took quite a while. By 5:30 or 6 I was ready to push. Apparently I passed out several times between contractions at this point. I was given an oxygen mask and at 6:42 the doctor used vacuum extraction to pull out little Beau Jaxon. He was almost out but I had spent all my energy by then. Had a small tear from the vacuum but nothing major. He weighed 8lb 6oz and is such a wonderful boy. It hurt like hell but I would do it again DAILY just to be with him if I had to!! I was pretty proud of myself too in the end for doing it without pain control for the worst of it. Never ever thought I could do that!!

A little advice: Even if you plan for an epidural, learn how to do it without just in case.

Also: the pain was intense but don't be afraid of it. You CAN handle it if you need to. I am a total wuss so if I can do it, anyone can! And when that lttle baby is in your arms, you won't mind the pain you just went through at all. Nothing matters but the sweet little angel in your arms.

Make use of the nursery and REST until they send you home. You need it and deserve it!

Don't let them send you home without pain meds if you are still miserable. there is NO reason for them to do that if you hurt still. My doctor tried to send me home with just tylenol until me and the nurse both ganged up on him and told him that was NOT happening.https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs452.ash1/24870_1109820362541_1737811995_198364_7465811_n.jpg

congratulations!!! he's beautiful. i too am a comlete wuss when it comes to pain, but your story gives me hope!! :hugs:

Congrats on your beautiful son!

I can't believe a nurse treated you that way! I would have asked for a new one immediately!

Did you deliver at Northside? Congrats again!

wow he is beautiful, well done you! you're lucky to have a nursery to make use of, dont have them in uk, baby is next to you from birth in a cot x

Oh my god how horrible was your midwife!! Some think they know 'best' How bloody wrong they are!
Congrats on your beautiful boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"