*the birth of Daisy Grace* 17-06-09 <super long!>

saraendepity

Daisy's Mummy and TTC!
Reaction score
well a litle late but here goes.....

I was booked for an induction on my birthdat 14 th june (sunday) as i had developed Obstetric Cholestasis.

So at 3pm i arrived at the hospital and was shown to my room and me n oh realised what was about to happen and started gettin really scared!!:rofl: there was a tiny crib in the corner of the room - we were gonna have something to go in it soon!!! OMG!!!!

so the midwife came and went thru my notes etc asked what meds i was on etc and put me on the monitor for 1/2 hr before my internal...

midwife came back after CTG and did an internal before putting the pessary in (or so we thought) while she was doing the internal she said i was already 1-2cm so no need for the pessary :wohoo: BUT i was not getting induced tonight as they were too busy so i was to go home!!

to be honest i was relieved as i was quite scared :rofl: but told to return at 9.00 in the morning..went off home n tried to get a good nights sleep....

9.00 am the next morning 15 th (monday) we turned up at hospital and again it was absolutely heaving so were told that we'd have to wait a couple of hours etc etc...couple of hours later we were told it was still too busy and to go out for a walk / have some lunch etc told to call them at 1.30 pm

so off we went to durham for a wander and some lunch spent some pennies etc and called them at 1.30.........guess what !?!?!?! still no room and they said they'd call us when there was a room ...got a call about 1 1/2 hours later and said to make our way in , there was still no room but they would make room for us :saywhat::dohh:

so we got there and it all got scarey again!!!!!

same routine ctg then internal.. still 1-2 cms but they wanted to put a pessary in to see if that got things going?? so at 9.00 pm they put the pessary in and oh left me to get some sleep and at 11.00pm they put me on the ctg again to check on lo for an hour afterwards i had a nice bath and tried to settle in for the night HA!

i think i managed to get about 10 mins sleep!! :rofl: and woke at around 4.00 as the bloody bin men were making a hell of a noise outside my window!!!

My midwife came back at 6.55 to break my waters which i was absolutely terrified about but it was fine.....couldnt believe there was so much of it tho!! there was a HUGE PUDDLE on my bed!!!!!:rofl:

about an hour later i started getting some really light twinges and at 8 oh came back in.

my consultant came on duty at 8.20 and set up my drip and the midwives had done a chage over by then so i had my new midwife (i think she was called deb?) she was fab tho!!

the contractions started pretty much straight away and i coped loads better than i thought... me n oh were chatting away n texting ribena to try and win a blow up lunchtime assistant!! :rofl: (i didnt win and still havent *gutted!*)

by 11.30 my contractions were regular and was getting 4 in 10 mins :wohoo: i really thought i was gonna have a baby in the next few hours!! lol how wrong was i gonna be !! he he

3.30 came and they did an internal i was only 4 cm FOUR F*****G CENTIMETERS?????? i was convinced i was gonna be atleast 6-7!!!!!!!

ok calm down sara (came the voice of oh!) so i did n agreed to try some g&a wow!! i loved that stuff it was amazing..i giggled thru most of the contractions for the next few hours!!

by 7.30 i was around 7 cm with a new (again fantastic) midwife called jackie and in quite a bit of pain with my back..(baby was back to back and i have back probs anyhoo) so my oh said i wanted something stronger..i didnt wanna but eventually i let em!! lol so she stuck me with some diamorphene again wow !!!!!!

the next few hours were a total blur as i slept thru inbetween contractions poor oh was stuck reading girly mags while i slept !!! i got another shot of diamorphene at around 10 i think but it didnt work as well as the first one !! but it still helped a little !!!

at aroung 11.30 i was starting to feel more pain and was convinced i needed an epi..midwife asked me to wait a little as my consultant was coming back in to see me and wanted him to examine me...about 5 mins later he came in an said how well i was doin etc and went off for 5 mins with the midwife..again in about 5 mins i started to scream to my oh that i needed to push and i could feel babys head coming down

he totally panicked and ran for the midwife she came in n said to hang on n not try to push as i still had a little cervix there....

what seemed like 2 seconds later she was telling me to push...WHAT ??????

so i pushed for about 30 mins (no where near as bad or painful as i expected!) as my oh n consultant yelled at me to push!! lol my consultant told me he was going for a cigar and wouldnt take me (i begged him!!!) but said i'd probs have had baby by the time he got back!!! well i hadn't!! but about 2 mins later i pushed the most beautiful little baby into the world.

she was delivered onto my stomach and i was told it was a girl (i didnt believe them!) i was convinced they were lying!! lol

oh cut the cord and we were in bliss!!! phoned round the family and had some tears (both of us) and stared at our gorgeous little girl :cloud9::cloud9:

i had a very labial tear and my cons said it could be left but he wanted to stitch it for cosmetic reasons so i had 2 tiny stitches........

and a beautiful little girl...........

https://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll347/saraendepity/DSC00533.jpg

https://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll347/saraendepity/DSC00541.jpg

sorry it was so long...well done if you got through it all!!!

sara n daisy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congrats lovely, Daisy is absolutely beautiful :cloud9: x

Ahhh she's lovely! Well done hun! :hugs:

Congratulations hun! Daisy is beautiful. I had OC too so I was induced with Emma x

Congratulations, you handled labour so well. You have me in tears here. Daisy is beautiful.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->