The birth of Jecca Mae

tick tock

Reaction score
At my 37 week check up my blood pressure was up, fluid was low and placenta mature. My obgyn was not happy and decided to induce me at two days later.

I arrived at the hospital at 6am, paperwork etc and was finally sent to l&d at 08:00am. I was put on the monitor to check baby's heart rate and started contracting on my own every 3 minutes. The nurse then did an internal, my cervix was soft but I was not dilated at all.

She then put the gel up me, monitored me some more and left me to carry on.

I danced around the room contracting every minute and a half for 30 seconds while hubby lay on the bed :)

At about 10am she offered me a bath, this never helped with my first labour but I agreed as it gave me another focal point.

Got in the bath, lay on my back and hung onto the rail every minute and a half for 30 seconds.

Decided this was not for me, got out of the bath and stopping through every contraction made my way back to my delivery room.

The nurse wanted me to lie down to monitor baby and I told her no ways she had to do it while I stood up.

I asked her to check me, and she told me baby was still very high and I was not even 2cm dilated. She said it was the gel giving me contractions and it was not real labour.

I can't even tell you how that mentally affected me as I felt I was way past that.

This was at 11:30, I then told hubby and nurse that I felt pukey and I started to sweat a lot.

She felt sorry for me and offered me pethidine ( which I never wanted, I wanted a freaking epidural woman!) But was not according to her even remotely far enough for one.

I declined the pethidine and told her I was going to pooh. :)

Asked hubby to hold my hand as I felt faint.... charming when you're on the loo! Stood up not sure what I was feeling, gave a little push and a small amount of bloody liquid shot out. Asked hubby to call the nurse but he did not want to leave me as I was feeling faint. Next thing I know my body give's an involuntary push and I feel baby's head! Shout that I'm pushing, hubby has to pick me up and put me on the bed. Nurse rushes in, feels the head and runs out to call my doc. I'm shouting that I'm pushing, can't stop that feeling!

Doc arrives and coaches me throug it, I listened to him, apologise because i feel like im poohing, small pushes big pushes, drink water ( apparently you can drink water and push at the same time) and out came my beautiful 3.3kg baby girl.

This happened 20 minutes after the nurse told me I was not nearly close to even being in active labour! !

No tears or stitches. ... felt like a million bucks afterwards! And the nurse confirmed that I did not pooh.... happy days!

Aww congrats! What a funny story, off for a poo and out comes baby
😂

Brilliant story! Congratulations!! X

congrats! Well done

Your body knew more than that nurse!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member