The Birth of my baby boy :)

CharlieKeys

Reaction score
So... woke up at 3am on the 4th of October thinking I'd wet myself... and after two visits too the toilet, I realised it wasn't wee at all, so decided we better go to the hospital to get it checked out. Turns out the waters behind his head had gone, and we were in early labour :) :) They sent us home with an appointment the following day for an assessment.

The contractions were really irregular ranging between 5 and 20 mins, and at our assessment, she said that he was going ok and the contractions were coming along, and booked our inducement for the following morning just incase but the midwife said she thought we'd be back that same evening.

Two hours later at about 4pm I was in agony, and my contractions had got to a regular 1-2mins apart, so we went back to the birth unit and she was impressed I'd got to 5cm without pain relief. So, I went with gas and air, but at about 7pm, I couldn't take it anymore, he was putting so much pressure on me so they checked me and I was at 6cm and they recommended Pethidine. I am so glad I had it, it was the most amazing thing ever, I pretty much fell asleep and although I could feel the pain, I couldn't feel it and apparently was rambling on about bacon mcmuffins and random stuff like that :)

Then at 9.15, I was in agony - it had got to the stage where I just felt this intense need to push, and she said it was probably too soon, but when she checked again, she said my membranes were bursting and that although my cervix didn't seem quite there, that if my body was saying push to go with it. She sat on my bed and started writing down notes when my waters literally went POP, all over her, all over the bed - have never seen so much water in my life! Then 11 mins later after I think about 5 pushes he was born :) and still more water came out!

I didn't tear the perenium but I did need stitches up there and I have a few 'grazes' but it was all worth it and I'd do it again in an instant!

Stephen Edward Wilson weighed in at 7lbs 15ozs and I love every bit of him :)

Attachments

• Baby Stephen.jpg
    Baby Stephen.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 26
congrats hun although by the time i realised i was in agony i was also 5cm dialated an i had nothing until i got to hospital but by then i was in agony demanding painkillers lol that didnt work so they said try gas an air an thats wonderful lol but bout the same time as u i had diamorphine an that knocked me out an i didnt feel much hardly but u did fantastic really you did and like you id do that all over again if i could. :D congrats on ur lil man. cant wait to see pics xx

How long were you in labour for? :) And was it a little girl or boy? :) haha so you def on the diamorphine next time too?? lol When was your LO born? x

2 days of niggly pains but the real go of labour was from 12 in the afternoon until 7:45 at night an that was when england was playing and actually won a game haha. I had a little boy called Tristan and hes now 3 months old he will be 4 months old on the 23rd of this month he was born 23rd of june :D i wud defo take the diamorphine again cos i felt numb but i felt different but my leg hurt for weeks after they jab me in it lol. bit wounded as i wud of tried no pain relief alot longer but i was to weak an cudnt carry on with nothing i was shouting for diamorphine i wanted that but they kept asking me if i wanted an epi i was like no thanks just give me what i want lol.
they sed to me its ur labour do it ur way i tried an they wudnt let me i cudnt walk round the bed cos they wanted me attacthed on the monitor grr an wen i sed i wanted toilet i didnt wana get off it lol. they tried telling me to get on the bed an i sed only if u give me diamorphine im glad they gave me that before bursting my waters an putting a needle down there i almost felt the stitches being put in it felt ages for them to put sow me up lolx

congrats hun :flower: I'm really hoping my labour happens that quick

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->