the birth of my beautiful lexi!

cookie123

mummy to lexi grace
Reaction score
i havent posted much on here before so i thought a good start would be to introduce my beautiful daughter. and i also still feel angry about the way i was treated in hospital and need to let it out! lol

so it start on saturday 16th may 2009. i started to feel really dizzy and was sick a few times...i'd had protein in my urine a few weeks before nd my midwife had sed to call the labour ward if anything like this happened. so my mum phoned and they said to bring me in to be checked ova. so off we went. my blood pressure was a little high but i only had a trace of urine. they sent me home nd said to return if i was sick again. sunday 17th may in the evening i was again..so off we went! my blood pressure was still higher than normal so the decided to keep me in ova night to monitor me...little did i know i'd be leaving with my little girl! arrived on the ward at about 10pm surrounded by 5 other women..some in early labour some with babies. i was told i would have my bp checked every hour. finally at 2 in the morning someone checked it and told me it was still high so they would send me for a scan in the morning. only an hour later at around 3am my waters broke. i buzzed for attention..the midwife looked onto where i was and carried on drinking her tea so i walked out waters dripping everywhere and told them what had happened and was told to go back to bed. they seemed very suprised i wanted my bed changed even tho my waters had broke IN it!! i txt my mum to let her know what was happening as it was about 4am nd i was in a bit of pain. the midwife basically told her i wasnt very far along and that my mum couldnt come in til visiting times. my mum argued and the midwife came and said 'im going to see if you're dilated to put your mums mind at rest because shes still on the phone'. i was 3cm. she then went and told my mum she could come in if she was quiet as other patients were tryin to sleep! this oh so lovely midwife then came an offered me 2 paracetemol. i took it as it seemed to be all i would get. she then sed i needed to be on the labour ward but it was full. my mum then arrived nd helped me breath through contractions until about 7am at staff change ova. i was by now pretty much havin contractions on top of each other! i asked if babys dad could come in..they sed they would check me again and then decide. i was now 7cm and told he could come. and finally offered gas and air! still in front of the other ladies on the ward! about 8.55am i sed i needed to push and was literally thrown into a wheelchair and raced down to the labour ward and put into a side room. afta 16 minutes of pushing baby lexi grace was born weighing 6lb 13oz. her dad didnt even make it there :( and she was delievered by a midwife who hadnt delievered a baby for 3 years. luckily lexi was perfectly fine but there was no medical equipment in the room (or any gas and air) so i dread to think what could hav happened if something had gone wrong and it wasnt such an easy labour.
so lexi grace arrived 18th may 2009 at 9.15 am weighing 6lb 13oz. about a 6 hour labour altho i cant be sure as all my notes were wrong! no tears no stitches.. nothing :D pretty perfect in some ways!
sorry that was so long!! but she is so amazing!! x

oh and i forgot to say she was 10 days early..already in a hurry!

Congratulations Hun, she's gorgeous and I too have choose the same name for my liitle girl

Sxx

Such a shame they ruined the experience for you. I think (if u get time!) you should write a letter of complaint.

She is gorgeous and well done you for doing it all on 2 parcetamol!!!
xx

Many big hugs and congrats!!!! :pink: Sorry it wasnt the best experience :( but u have a little gem!!

xx

Such a shame they ruined the experience for you. I think (if u get time!) you should write a letter of complaint.

She is gorgeous and well done you for doing it all on 2 parcetamol!!!
xx

my midwife said i should do that too! its just finding the time! it seemed to me they weren't that interested because im only 17...they seemed to be really lovely and helpful to everyone else and if that is the case then i dont want any one else treated like that!! xx

many congratulations! i can see she is an utter beauty in your avatar :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"