The birth of my little boy, Samuel James!

Asher

Mummy to 4 boys!
Reaction score
I have been attempting to write this story for the whole week since Sam was born, but just haven't been able to find the time!

Sam was due on the 11th September, but we always thought he would be early as my other two boys also were. The main thing for me this time round was the hope that I might get to 37 weeks and be able to have a normal hospital birth, or even maybe a home birth. I really wanted the opportunity to try a water birth but was not holding my hopes out!

37 weeks came and went, which was a relief, but then my labour type symptoms were on and off constantly. I had a whole 24 hour period of contractions 5 minutes apart, but these stopped as quickly as they started!

On Wednesday 25th August (the day after my birthday) I had been out shopping with my mum for the remaining bits of school uniform for the boys. I went food shopping, walked the dogs and filled up the car with petrol! When the boys were in bed, DH tried his luck and suggested maybe a bit of whoopee would set things off!! So we did! And it did! About 5 minutes after, I was sat on my gym ball and felt a huge pop and gush. I knew my waters had broke and went to the loo where they just kept on gushing!

As soon as my waters broke I started to feel contractions. I knew we probably had no chance of inflating the birth pool which my MW had delivered that afternoon, let alone filling it with water, so I called the hospital in the hope I might get my waterbirth one way or the other! So my mum came round to the house and we headed up to the hospital. We got there around 10pm. By this time the contractions were closer together, but still irregular and becoming a lot stronger. I was examined at 10.15pm and pronounced 6cm dilated!! :happydance: I couldn't believe it, was still managing to breathe through the contractions and not needing pain relief. I was taken down to delivery, to the pool room! Within 5 minutes I was using gas and air and things were moving quickly! I got into the pool just before 11pm and insisted I had to wear my bikini top. I have no idea why!

The pool was lovely, and with the gas and air I was managing okay. Things were moving really fast and within 20 minutes I was feeling the urge to push but trying to hold back as best as I could. MW was in and out of the room, the atmosphere was lovely, dim lighting and very relaxed. DH was having a coffee at the side of the pool next to me! I felt a sudden urge to push, and the MW student shouted and pulled the cord, as most of Sam's head was visible all of a sudden! The MW was now back in the room, and I was confident that my baby would very soon be with us! So 3 pushes later, Sam was born and lifted up onto my chest. We were told we had another boy, and Sam was just perfect.

I was able to deliver the placenta naturally into the pool with the water drained whilst still cuddling my new boy, DH cut the cord. Then DH took him and I got a shower and cleaned up. He was weighed, 7lb 13 and a half oz, not bad for 37 and a half weeks! The MW asked did I want to stay in or would I rather go straight home, so DH came home to collect the car seat whilst I gave Sam his first breastfeed, which he did like a champ! We had arrived at hospital at 10pm and were back home by 2am with our little man.

So I got my pool birth, it was fab. I am now mummy to 3 lovely little boys, Sam has fit right into the family straight away. The best part was that the other two boys didn't know Sam had been born until the following morning. They were in bed when everything kicked off, and they weren't disturbed by the comings and goings of the night. They only knew he was there when they came into our room in the morning and found him there asleep in the crib by the bed! It was the best thing I have ever ever seen, to see them discover their new brother! :cloud9:

So there you go, thanks for reading!!

https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/archiejack/IMG_5906.jpg
https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/archiejack/IMG_5938.jpg
https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/archiejack/IMG_5958.jpg

Congratulations on the birth of Sam!
Well done on such a great birth, the way the boys found their brother was just lovely, made me cry!
:hugs::hugs:

He's beautiful. Great birth story..congrats.

Awwww hun he is soo gorgeous :cloud9: What an amazing birth you had YAAY!!

Congratlations, can't wait to be able to try out a water birth, Sam is Gorgeous xxx

Congratulations he is gorgeous :) And so cute about your little boys finding him in the morning!! I am keeping my fingers crossed i have a lovely uncomplicated birth like yours! x x x

awww asher congratulations sam is lush!

in and out of hospital in 4hours is amazing!! (hope its the same for me :))

love your birth story, i can just picture your 2boys faces when they discovered sam in the crib next to you both :cloud9:

Thanks ladies, we love him to bits!! xxx

Aww massive congratulations sweetie!! He is gorgeous and that is soo nice how the boys found their brother in the morning! Made me cry!

xx

congrats on the birth of little Sam, what a quick and speedy birth you had! Sam is gorgeous and your older boys look proud of punch of him!

Aaaahh sounds like you had a really amazing positive birth! Congratulations..x

wow it must have been amazing to be home so soon with your little man.. congrats!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->