The Birth Of Sophia Anne Euesden <3

gemmax89

Reaction score
My little girl was finally born on Monday 27th December 2010 at 4:36am by emergency c-section weighing 7.5 pounds! She is absolutely gorgeous and I love her with all my heart. Had abit of a traumatic birth story though, so sorry if I put any worry into anyones heads! I was term plus 12 days but I wasnt induced, I was due for induction that day but labour started naturally.

On Xmas day i woke about 6am with mild constant contractions, I continued like normal all day and made sure i regularly monitored how often my contractions came and how long they lasted using an application on my blackberry. They became stronger throughout the day.. I even managed to sit at the table for Xmas dinner whilst having these contractions :happydance:

My partner and I left my parents around 11pm and went home to ours, where I had a bath and got into PJ's to relax. But by 1am on boxing day my contractions were really uncomfortable and I wanted to be checked over. So we called the birthing unit and went in for a check up. When there I was only 1cm after contracting all xmas day!

I was asked if I wanted to go home or stay over with the help of pethadine as I was due for induction on the 26th anyways. My partner was aloud to stay with me and we stayed the night. By 8am I was asked if Id like to get into the birthing pool to help ease the contractions which were by this point very strong. I had hardly slept whilst at the hospital and had been awake basically since xmas day morning so i was really tired.

I had gas and air in the pool, and it worked like a treat for about 2 hours but then I started to get a really bad back ache and really couldnt stay in the pool. So i got out to be checked over and i was 3cms. I was offered an epi-dural which i said yes to straight away.

HERES WHERE IT GETS BAD...

The epidural is suppose to be a single injection in the gaps of your back to give complete pain release.. My back wasnt like everyone elses and no one knew about this including me. 10 needles... YES the big ones, 10 attempts.. with 10 numbing needles too.. 2 needles bent.. 2 hours trying.. Im covered in bruises all up my back, finally the someone superior came in with an even bigger needle than the normal epidural one and managed to just find a gap to sort it out. I was by this point almost spent.

With my epidural working, I finally relaxed.. I was given 6 hours to see how my body did and to get some rest. But by 7pm I was only 7cms and sticking there.. nothing was progressing. Things werent happening quick enough and to add to matters, the epidural stopped working and the feeling of pain started coming back! I was begging them to keep topping it up but nothing was working. I was given more gas and air and they called for someone to try me with a different drug (slightly stronger than an epidural) this worked, but when i needed more of it the only women who could give it to me was stuck in theatre!:cry:

It got to 11pm when I was due another check up, but everyone was so busy in the hospital I had to wait till 1am on the 27th to see anyone! It had been 6 hours since id seen anyone superior.. and when they checked I had only progressed 1cm in 6 hours!!!! My contractions werent strong enough to move baby but still strong enough for me to be screaming through them! And to add to matters, my baby was facing the wrong way... That was it for me!

I sat there and i cried over and over again. I started to get numb legs and the pain of that, along with the contractions sent me over the edge. I begged them to do something, they assessed me and agreed I needs to have an emergency c-section.

I tried to stay on a local GA for the operation but the pressure was too much for me and I ended up being put to sleep, but when I awoke my beautiful baby girl was born (4:36am) and it was all worth it! She is absolutely amazing! Ive added some photos, and hope my story makes sense.. Im sure ive missed bits out but didnt want to scare anyone too much! If i can do it though, anyone can :thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG00005-20101227-0446.jpg
    IMG00005-20101227-0446.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG00221-20101228-0419.jpg
    IMG00221-20101228-0419.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG00223-20101228-1638.jpg
    IMG00223-20101228-1638.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 36
Beautiful baby! Sorry it was so up and down, but the end result was well worth it.

Lovely name too. xx

So sorry you had to deal with so much trauma but what a gorgeous little poppet. Congratulations :baby:

wow @ the epidural and having to get stuck with 10 big needles!!!
but like you said in the end it was all worth it because she is an absolute beauty

Congrats and well done! She has the same birthday as my 4 year old son xxxx

congratulations :flower: shes beautiful

Truely beautiful little lady you have there big big congrats and well done xox

Congratulations, I'm glad its over for you and you have your little princess to spoil now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->