The broody bunch!.......

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
As there seems to be quite of few of us preemie mummy's cooing and aahhing over all the new ickle babies thought it would be nice for somewhere to come and embelish our broody sides :crib::yellow:

My name is Gillian and im a broody parent hehe

Matthew has just all of a sudden stopped being a baby and turned into a BOY iykwim :wacko: he has a whole cheeky personality and quite self sufficiant, not interested in hugs and kisses anymore :cry: just wants to commando climb and roll of you :haha:

I miss having this small (very small in all our cases) baby to cuddle, who needs me and loves to be held and sang to and kissed all over.

For me feeling the way I have been these last 6 months, its not exactly practical to get pregnant right now, but who says this is not exactly what I need??

Work is just that................work, its no longer a career I can go home, switch off and forget about it and like before they manage in my absence and Im sure will manage again.

SO...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Can I have a baby now pleeeeaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeee? xx

aaaaaaaaaaaw :hugs: sometimes i think of a little sister of brother for rosalie but then i get really scared and think im mad :rofl: im happy to give her lots of cuddles and kisses til she gets to that age where she would rather run around causing havoc :haha: My sister is broody because of Rosalie's arrival and she has a one year old and a 2 year old lol!!

xx

I think this is a great idea hun!
I am very broody!!!! I really want another baby but Mark said not yet. Mark's sister is pregnant, She is 30 weeks tomorrow and I am sooo broody!!! lol...

My cousin is pregnant and two of my close friends. I am only 23 and two kids is hard work but I would love another and the age gap to not be so big being that the twins are already close and have a bond.

Ahh i just love ikkle babies xx

yeah another convert hehe :happydance: id imagine running after twins is a tough job but having an instant playmate must keep them entertained.

After the day I have had mind you Id never have coped with 2 kids, I am ill, very ill I have the cold, sinusitus AND a bad ear infection.... Im terrified of lifing Matthew as im so off balance and in agony and sooooooooooo tired but needs must I suppose x

I'm not quite into the full blown broodieness yet but I can feel it creeping up on me.

Abby is still a baby, not yet a toddler. She's never really been one for lots of cuddles, but she gets them anyway. But even in her own way she is "self sufficient" I can leave her to her own devices and she will entertain herself quite happily. She will lie in her cot and ooh and ahhh, she rarely calls out for us unless she is in real trouble. At least we still get a huge smile when we go in to get her up.

I do still miss my ickle teeny baby, the one who used to lie happily on my chest after a feed, who used to stare at me lovingly, who sat on my knee fast asleep when she was winded
https://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv268/original_foogirl/09-08-31d-1.jpg

We've talked about number two. I'm going back to work in a couple of months. Whilst I know after a certain amount of time I'm entitled to new maternity leave, I just can't bring myself to do that to my employer, plus I need to build up some more savings, so we've decided to wait until Abby is three. By that time I'll be 38, here's hoping all my bits still work!!

Until then I'll just have to satisfy myself cooing over all the new babies here. Plus, a colleague of Mr Foo's is about to have a baby so I'll get plenty of cooing in there.:happydance:

As Foogirl decribed me on Sunday as having ovaries in overdrive! She hit the nail on the head. I'm soooooooooo broody and just want one so much. However, having babies visit me once a month with the support group will have to do for now. If anyone can make you broody it's foogirls Abby! Xx

Yeah it can be hard work but its so lovely to see them playing. Its nice that now they are old enough to notice each other and I hear them sometimes in their cots laughing at eachother its nice. Makes me so proud cos they have come such a long long way. I remember when they were first born and now they are a yr old..

I would love another 2 just in seperate pregnancies lol x

This is something which is making me cautious about nr 2. There is a possibility it could be nrs 2&3. There are twins all over my family - on both sides. There is a possibility that our next could be twins - not sure how I will deal with that!

I'm getting more broody :blush: but I keep thinking about how much time I spent on NICU with Andrew, and could I really do that again with Andrew in tow?

Plus I like our house, and it's not big enough for two kids!

Lol Marleysgirl. Your last comment made me giggle.. About your house!! hehe! x

Lol Marleysgirl. Your last comment made me giggle.. About your house!! hehe! x
We lucked into a private rental of a 2-bed semi, in a small culdesac, with a lovely back garden. For about the same money that we could get a 2-bed back-to-back terrace.

Only way I'd move is to shift onto Local Housing, I think.

Financially we cant afford another until the twins are in school because my nursery fees alone are £1800 a month! I couldnt stick another in nursery too! And I cant give up my work because I have my car and bills to pay!! Sometimes you just cant catch a break!!!

Financially << Eurgh I hate that word lol x

I am extremely broody! I thought we would be TTC by hubby but with only one income, it's tough. I mean we could do it for sure, but it would be tight. And we are trying to get Lakai into private school (in two years) so until my hubby gets his new buisness off the ground. We are waiting.

I am still so broody and can't help but get excited when I am late, even though I know my period is still messed up from pumping.

I do however still have a very lovey, cuddly and massively sucky momma's boy. So even though sometimes he is too busy to cuddle, he does when I want too and comes over for some when he wants too. =))

AWE...I totally know what you all mean. I am so in love with babies and would love another little one!:) Jack's 7months and he still seems quite baby to me...b/c he still eats from the bottle only and doesnt sit up and doesnt play much yet. But he's so big. 18lbs and I just can't get over it! lol But he sure still does cuddle with me.

I think when others are preggers around it's just nearly impossible to not to want another baby. Or seeing my friends have their newborns..so tiny and cute and all they need is mommy.......:)

We too couldn't finacinally afford another one. And of course in my other thread...that I can medically risk another one. Don't know, we'll see.

Matthew keeps rubbing and pinching my errr....expanding waistline shall we say, and I tell him thats where he used to live and catch myself wondering would he be aware at this age if there was another ickle baby in my tummy? Im very curious to find out hehe

Donna, does Brooke touch your baby bumps and do you think she knows there is a baby there? :shrug: xx

Bumpsmum?? put it to hubby. Say I wanna see if Matthew will know lol!! x

I always said that I only wanted 2 children, but now that I have the twins I am starting to think that maybe I would like another one as I feel a bit cheated in a funny sort of way as I would only get to have the excitement of having a new baby once if we stop at two....if that makes sense at all?!! It just kinda makes me sad as the boys grow to think that I won't ever have another baby!

However, I am really worried that I would develop PE again and I really don't think that I could go through the whole SCBU experience again, especially as I know that we are so lucky that the boys don't have any lasting health problems and that we may not be so lucky next time.

Who knows I think I will just wait and see...although I would love twin girls.... we would need a bigger house though!!

2 SETS OF TWINS oh twobumps your a brave lady lol

Hubby is well on board but would rather 'let it happen' than activly ttc so thats what were doing from this month :happydance: (he just does not know I know roughly my cycle :blush:) xx

AWe.......so jealous ladies!!! I hope all of you have healthy full term babies this time around!:)

Sounds like many of you just had spontatneous problems that could happen to anyone...so the next pregnancy could be Perfect!:) That would be awesome.

After three preemies.....I won't get a full term one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->