the C word :o

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
it will soon be time once again to consider the c word...... CONTRACEPTION!
Now my worry is that I don't like any of the options available. LOL

PILL- can stay in the system too long for when we want to ttc again, I would forget to take it plus I read it can make you gain weight.

IMPLANON rod- I had this before, great little piece of kit lasts 3 years and fertility comes back straight away. BUT- made me moody with hubby and made me periods really erratic and random.

CONDOMS- hubbys wee wee is a bit too big and they pinch in at the base where the ring thing goes, and it makes it not comfy for him( we did use extra large ones back in the day but are quite hard to find, but again when you are used to being without its hard to convince him otherwise.

COIL- sounds painful lol! (imagines a corkscrew going in)I dont want anything internal down there, I have heard horror stories about affecting fertility etc.

so, what other options do we have ladies? I quite like the sound of the stick on patch, but again it will probably have the same effect as the implanon rod.:blush:

Any other methods spring to mind.... oh and withdrawl method does not count (read it in the teen section somewhere) lol

I've been thinking about this too. My dr didn't want to prescribe the patches to me as he said they can irritate the skin and come off too easily but think that is just my dr as I have read some good reviews on it. I was thinking about trying the implant thing. Sorry though hun, I can't think of anything else other than what you've already said! x

im the same i have no idea what im gonna do this time as after kaitlin i couldnt take the pill anymore as it messed up my hormones and i suffered terrible headaches. Im thinking about the coil though!

I'm gonna have the Merina coil again...they popped it in after I had a smear last time so everything done at once.

Don't want the injection again as I'm already hormonal enough....the implant sent me over the edge:hissy: (I mean it, ask the Dr more about it if you've ever suffered from depression before you try this method), don't want pill, condoms....are ok but need a long term method

DON'T RELY ON BREASTFEEDING:rofl:....have you seen my avatar? Toby is only just one year old and I'm due again in Feb:dohh::blush:

I was on the injection for a few years but came off as I started putting on weight. After trying loads of different combined pills my gp put me on cerazette (new type of mini pill) which I loved as no periods. I conceived within 3 months after coming off it and hubby was away for 2 of them, I'll be going back on that until we decide to ttc for the next one.

Hubby and I were talking about this too. I have no idea what we're gonna use coz I'm in NO rush to get knocked up again!

Trying to get a guy to put on a condom after years of not using one is near enough impossible (besides, it's a bit like putting on a rain coat to go swimming - just plain awkward and uncomfortable!) and I'm not too keen on the methods that mess with your hormones and fertility.

The timing method has worked in the past, but after you have a baby, periods are pretty much messed up, especially if you're breastfeeding. Hmm...abstainance...not likely!

Hubby and I were talking about this too. I have no idea what we're gonna use coz I'm in NO rush to get knocked up again!

Trying to get a guy to put on a condom after years of not using one is near enough impossible (besides, it's a bit like putting on a rain coat to go swimming - just plain awkward and uncomfortable!) and I'm not too keen on the methods that mess with your hormones and fertility.

The timing method has worked in the past, but after you have a baby, periods are pretty much messed up, especially if you're breastfeeding. Hmm...abstainance...not likely!

I agree babe, sucks dont it! lol, you'd think they would have brought out something new by now. My sister was on the pill and it took her over a year to get pregnant again. I think I will talk to doc about it...I have no idea what else to do, I dont want to be sat in limbo forever waiting for the pill to leave my system. Is there really nothing more natural... *sigggh*

Haha! I wonderd what this post was going to be about after reading the title lol!
I was on the pill, and well that didn't exactly work for me!
Im thinking of having the coil fitted, Surely it can't hurt that much can it?!
Anyone got any experience with the coil?
Xx

Haha! I wonderd what this post was going to be about after reading the title lol!
I was on the pill, and well that didn't exactly work for me!
Im thinking of having the coil fitted, Surely it can't hurt that much can it?!
Anyone got any experience with the coil?
Xx

I must admit the 1st time I had the Merina coil fitted it really knocked me....seemed to take a long time and all the stimulation of my cervix made me sick afterwards etc (apparently this can be common) but the 2nd time I had one after I had Abi was fine and seemed to be over very quickly. When they removed it for me to try and get pregnant again, it was over in about 2 seconds, just pulled in the threads and it collapses and slides out, I didn't feel anything:happydance:

I think I've decided to go for the needle.. I'm never going on the pill again lol it is a pill of LIES.. just kidding.. figured the needle's easier to do, I think it makes your period go away too :)

You also have to remember that if you're breastfeeding....not all methods of contraceptive are recommended:dohh:

I'm going to experiment with the patch, I'd happily go back on the pill but am sick of having to take a tablet every single day (I was always forgetting). i'm not sure with the state of my cervix whether a coil would be an option - but i don't really want anymore children so am gonna have to think of something!

Mirena coil for me too! I've never had a problem with it, and it doesn't even hurt when being inserted or changed. Just uncomfortable like having a smear. I had Mirena for over 10 years before having it removed to ttc Charlie, and definitely going back there after LO is born.

ouch, everytime I hear coil I push my legs together! lol

Im not sure about going back on the pill, im already overwieght lol I dont really want to get any bigger!

I might just get OH to use condoms (although thats not 100% either lol)

\\:D/

I was on the injection for a few years but came off as I started putting on weight. After trying loads of different combined pills my gp put me on cerazette (new type of mini pill) which I loved as no periods. I conceived within 3 months after coming off it and hubby was away for 2 of them, I'll be going back on that until we decide to ttc for the next one.

wow u was on cerazette and u gt pg within 3 months, i came off it 3 weeks ago to ttc. how long was it before you got your first af back? xx

oooo good topic, i have been thinking about this too!!

i cant remember to take my pill so thats out, my best friend had the injection and then had her period for 3 months solid - no chance! and my mum had a coil fitted and once fell pregnant with it in (they tried to remove it and it caused miscarriage) and also it fell out (this also happened one day at work to a colleague!) so that freaks me out a bit!

i have no idea what to do!! i will discuss it with doctor after i have had baby but always good to get other women's advice!

I haven't got a clue either - I don't want to take the pill or have an injection (they can take ages to wear off once you stop them). I was thinking of doing the temperature thing, I got a digital fertility thermometer thing that I didn't get chance to try out when ttc that can be used to help prevent pregnancy - I know it's not hugely reliable though...

I don't like the idea of the coil because I don't like the idea of my eggs being fertilized - probably sounds strange!

Think the baby and bleeding will be contraception enough for the first month anyway :rofl: (and recovering from giving birth and stitches and things..).

xxx

CONDOMS- hubbys wee wee is a bit too big and they pinch in at the base where the ring thing goes, and it makes it not comfy for him( we did use extra large ones back in the day but are quite hard to find, but again when you are used to being without its hard to convince him otherwise.

I use magnum xl with my OH *wink wink* he says they are comfortable, and by far the best fit he has ever had with a condom. :sex:

My OH may get talked into a snip snip... far less invasive than my damn tubes being tied or cut.

After trying loads of different combined pills my gp put me on cerazette (new type of mini pill) which I loved as no periods. I conceived within 3 months after coming off it and hubby was away for 2 of them, I'll be going back on that until we decide to ttc for the next one

i was on this pill as well and i came off it to try for LO and i feel pregnant near enough straight away, i couldnt believe it. so will probably go back on this after LO is born to xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->